For Sale Left Hand 460 Weatherby MKV Deluxe

Dean2

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Left Hand Weatherby Mark V 460 Weatherby Magnum. One of the Japanese era (1972-1994) guns so really well finished with great wood to metal fit. Wood stock with nice figure, high gloss blued action and barrel with custom brake on the 26” barrel. The custom brake doesn’t make it into a pussycat but it is a WHOLE bunch more effective than the factory brake was. Open 3 leaf Express sights. I am the second owner, it was claimed to be unfired when I got it and it appeared that it was accurately described. I have put 328 rounds through it since I got it. This is a smoking deal on this gun. The only way to get a LH 460 is to order it from the custom shop. Configured like this the current price is over $6000. The gun is located in Canada, I will take care of the cost and paper work to ship it to an FFL in the States. I have perfect trader ratings on Alberta Outdoors and Canadian Gunnutz of over 100 deals under the same user name - Dean2. If you PM me I can provide the links to those trader ratings if you can't pull them up.
The rifle will come in a hard case with QD Leupold bases, RCBS dies and 100 Brass. Rifle is NRA VG+ Asking $3,400 U.S. including shipping to your FFL.

FL5QHN0l.jpg
rSsahLll.jpg
UgfxTzBl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh WOW.... Best of luck on the sale. Heart breaking you need to rehome this beauty.

I own one without the custom brake. It makes you check your molars to see if they are still there after you touch one off. That brake should help quite a bit. It’s a gun you won’t soon forget after you shoot it with some 500grs. Good luck hope it sells quick!

I own one without the custom brake. It makes you check your molars to see if they are still there after you touch one off. That brake should help quite a bit. It’s a gun you won’t soon forget after you shoot it with some 500grs. Good luck hope it sells quick!
Yes the custom brake made a HUGE difference. It was built by a company that specializes in 50 BMG rifles that only weigh 15 lbs. It took the gun from being pretty rude to pretty decent. It now kicks about like a 375 with normal 250 grain loads. Still a noticable thump but it doesn't detach retinas or give you a concussion like an unbraked 460 is very capable of doing. There was a time when Weatherby insisted u sign a waiver before they would send you a 460 without a brake.

I am indeed sorry to have to let this beauty go.

Yes the custom brake made a HUGE difference. It was built by a company that specializes in 50 BMG rifles that only weigh 15 lbs. It took the gun from being pretty rude to pretty decent. It now kicks about like a 375 with normal 250 grain loads. Still a noticable thump but it doesn't detach retinas or give you a concussion like an unbraked 460 is very capable of doing. There was a time when Weatherby insisted u sign a waiver before they would send you a 460 without a brake.

I am indeed sorry to have to let this beauty go.
Price reduced to $,3,200, shipped to your FFL. Open to reasonable offers.

Left Hand Weatherby Mark V 460 Weatherby Magnum. One of the Japanese era (1972-1994) guns so really well finished with great wood to metal fit. Wood stock with nice figure, high gloss blued action and barrel with custom brake on the 26” barrel. The custom brake doesn’t make it into a pussycat but it is a WHOLE bunch more effective than the factory brake was. Open 3 leaf Express sights. I am the second owner, it was claimed to be unfired when I got it and it appeared that it was accurately described. I have put 328 rounds through it since I got it. This is a smoking deal on this gun. The only way to get a LH 460 is to order it from the custom shop. Configured like this the current price is over $6000. The gun is located in Canada, I will take care of the cost and paper work to ship it to an FFL in the States. I have perfect trader ratings on Alberta Outdoors and Canadian Gunnutz of over 100 deals under the same user name - Dean2. If you PM me I can provide the links to those trader ratings if you can't pull them up.
The rifle will come in a hard case with QD Leupold bases, RCBS dies and 100 Brass. Rifle is NRA VG+ Asking $3,400 U.S. including shipping to your FFL.

View attachment 361468View attachment 361469View attachment 361470
Price reduced to $3,000.

For some strange reason, there are not a lot of Weatherby followers in this forum. I like and own several Weatherby rifles, but this one is beyond my shooting comfort. Good luck on the sale.

It has two strikes against it.

The first is that it is left handed, the second is that it is a Weatherby 460

That means that it is going to take a certain person to buy it. Seeing that only around 10% of the worlds population is left handed that narrows it down a lot. Then to find a hunter who is left handed narrows it down a lot more. Then to find one that wants a Weatherby 460 mag eliminates just about all who is left out there .

I know that this is like kicking a dead horse.....but is this rifle still available?

I'm left handed and Im looking for a 460 Weatherby.

If I may offer a piece of advice , ship the brass separately. I recently tried to ship 140 270 brass from Canada to @Ridge Runner and it was rejected at the boarder. It would be a shame to have issues over the brass. I’d add that’s the second time in recent months I’ve attempted to ship brass and had it returned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg