For Sale Kimber African In 505 Gibbs, In Case, Sleeve Etc NIB

MOAxp

Reaction score
Media
Helping a 90 year old reduce his inventory to just what he wants to keep around to enjoy. This is not a commission or activity that benefits my situation at all - it is all about paying it forward for his family.

More pictures are forthcoming - weather is more like California Dreaming (Skies are gray and raining)

Kimber African in 505 Gibbs, new in box as he received it from the dealer in the early 90s. comes with factory case, fabric sleeve etc. Comes with Leupold scope in Kimber rings, with it's own fabric sleeve

Asking $16,500 OBO
IMG_6783[1].JPG
IMG_6785[1].JPG
IMG_6786[1].JPG
IMG_6787[1].JPG
IMG_6790[1].JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice rifle. Not being a dick here, just asking how did you arrive at 16,500 as a value on this rifle. Although the 375 and 505 Gibbs are rare in this model a 10k premium is quite high in my mind. I’m not a Kimber collector nor do I know any, are there really rabid Kimber guys out there that would pay Rigby prices?
Good luck with the sale and welcome to AH.
Cody

Well. Given the last two I could find documented selling were 17,400 plus Christie’s buyers premium and similarly one at RIA that with fees totaled in same prices points

that’s how... called comparable valuations. But in case you missed the OBO (or best offer), reasonable offers will be graciously considered.

Well. Given the last two I could find documented selling were 17,400 plus Christie’s buyers premium and similarly one at RIA that with fees totaled in same prices points

that’s how... called comparable valuations. But in case you missed the OBO (or best offer), reasonable offers will be graciously considered.
As I said I wasn’t being a dick, and I am aware of comparative evaluation but thanks for being condescending in your reply!

Wow, a surprise for me also!

It's a beautiful gun but not what I would rate a bespoke rifle. Thanks for the pictures. I really love the caliber and have one in a beautiful high end CZ550 and another that is one of five custom Ruger RSM models. I do collect Rugers. Your price does seem expensive for what it is.
But hey the market is whatever a buyer will pay and what a seller will let it go for.

BTW, how many rounds does it hold down?

And do you know how it feeds? The 505 is notoriously challenging to feed out a staggered magazine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg