sandman0921

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI (Life), RMEF (Life), DU, NWTF, NRA (Patron Life), GOA, DSC (Life), WSF (Life), B&C Club (Sponsor Associate Member), USSA (Associate Member)
Hunted
USA (GA, TN, AR, TX, FL, UT, NM, WY, MT, AK, IL, MO, IA); Canada (NWT, BC); Africa (Tanzania)
Hello AH Forum Members,

I have an AHR rifle in 450 Rigby that I originally purchased several boxes of Hornady DGX and DGS bullets for to develop handloads, however I went in a different direction for my loading. In this rifle, the Barnes TSX 500 grain bullets performed so well, that I ultimately went with them. I've had these Hornady bullets sitting in my reloading bench cabinet for over 2 years. For those handloading for the 458 Win Mag, 458 Lott, 450 Rigby, 460 Weatherby, etc., these would work well for you if you like the Hornady DGX and DGS line of bullets. As an aside, at some point, I might have a bunch of Barnes TSX 0.458, 500 grain bullets listed on here as well, as I have pretty much decided to try North Fork Bonded SS and CPS 0.458, 550 grain bullets out of my rifle, but I digress.....

As such, I have the following to offer up for sale for those AH forum members residing at a U.S. address (sorry to all non US members.....US State Department rules and all.....:rolleyes:):

1) Hornady DGX 0.458, 500 grain bullets (50 bullets per box) - 5 Boxes Total

2) Hornady DGS 0.458, 500 grain bullets (50 bullets per box) - 5 Boxes Total

I have perused the major reloading component retailers (Midway USA, Sinclair/Brownells, Graf & Sons, etc.), and currently, if you can find them, these bullets are selling for an average price of approximately $55.00 USD per box not including shipping costs (more like $60+ USD per box including shipping).

To make it simple, I am willing to pay shipping, but to keep the shipping costs down, I offer the following:

1) Individually, I will sell them for $50.oo USD per box of 50 including shipping to a U.S. Address, OR

2) For the whole lot of 10 boxes (i.e. all 10 boxes, 5 boxes DGX and 5 Boxes DGS), I am willing to sell them for $40.00 USD per box of 50 (Total $400) including shipping to to a U.S. Address.

*As a full disclaimer, one box of each of the bullets (DGX and DGS) have been opened to inspect the bullets when I first received them, but all the bullets are present and NIB.......

Once sold, all sales are FINAL so Caveat Emptor.........

Because of previous bad experiences with personal checks and items sold over forums, etc., I would rather not take personal checks. Money orders are OK, but to keep it on the up and up on both ends, as well as as make it simple, I would prefer PayPal if you have an account. I can send you a link for payment via PayPal with an invoice if you provide me with an email.....at least I think I can, as it's been a while since I've done that.

I might consider negotiating a little on the price per box, especially for those buying multiple boxes, but I feel that currently, for these NIB bullets, it's a fair deal.....

Also, right now, I would prefer not to do trades or swaps.........

The first, "I'll take them" gets the bullets........

IMG_1749.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

Do you still have the bullets?

Interested in the 5 boxes of DGS solids.

What do you have left, I just purchased a #lot of solids, and weldcore Woodleighs, but am interested?

I'll take the .458 bullets off your hands, I want to handhold the 460 weatherby

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RooseveltM

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg