Media
FREDERICK BEESLEY LEFT-HAND BOLT ACTION RIFLE
. 416 Rigby caliber
23 1/2" barrel
weight 13 lbs with scope & sling
44 3/4" overall
LOP 14" over 7/8" leather covered recoil pad
raised blade front sight & quarter rib 50 yard rear 'V' sight
trigger currently set at a 3 lb 8 oz pull.
EAW quick release bases carrying a Leupold 1.5-5x scope

The gloss blue barrel is marked with "Frederick Beesley (Formerly of St. James Street, London) Amersham" on top, the scimitar proof and "416 Rigby LP/96" on the right side of the chamber and the London "Crown/GP" on the right side of the receiver. The blued floor plate is engraved "Frederick/"African"/Rifle/Beesley".

Highest grade, feathercrotch, dark & darker English walnut is used for the left-handed Monte Carlo stock which features a roll-over comb.There is a rounded horn forearm tip and a blued steel grip cap with "416 Rigby" in gold.

This gun comes in its own custom, brown leather, red felt lined, case with the with the "Frederick Beasley" label sewn in the lid. The case has traveled quite a bit with a few "Alaska Airline" stickers on the outside. I have never tried to remove the stickers. I have carried this rifle to Africa a few times and it has worked perfectly. Maybe shot 20 times in the field culling and 50-100 practice rounds, mostly mild lead that I loaded. Great trigger and wood.

The pictures on the internet are better than what I can take. Dealer paid $9,000.00 at auction in 2013 and I paid him $9,995.00. Anyone looking for a high quality, London made and LEFT HAND .416 Rigby, this is a great rifle. Asking $9,500.00.

.416 rifle.jpg
.416 bottom metal.jpg
.416 with case.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice rifle! Mr Beesley invented the action used by Purdey for their shotguns. I’ve got one and it is perfection. Basically more Purdey that Purdey for $10,000.

Absolutely first-rate maker who doesn’t have the name recognition of the big names. Someone is going to have a first-rate fun for 3rd rate pricing.

Super nice gun! If I didn't have hunts planned for next year...

I consider myself to be fairly familiar with nice rifles. This is probably the only “Lefty” best London rifle I’ve ever seen. Seems like a bargain for a southpaw that would otherwise be forced to overpay for low quality options. Good luck on your sale.

What a beautiful rifle, never have I seen a top maker do a left hand bolt in days gone, what year would this be ?

I have a Beesley Lee Speed in .375Ex 2 1/2in, it is one of the finest Lee Speeds I have & I have them from Cogswell & Harrison, Greener, plus many others & had a Westley Richards which I stupidly swapped for a 8bore action to make a double rifle on, stuipd stuipd !

I am a Lefty...so make me a deal I cannot say NO too !!!

I am a lefty and just WOW! Just not in my wheelhouse with 4 teenagers at home. One day, one day!!!

Roy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
febixix695

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois