For Sale Frederick Beesley Left-hand 416 Rigby With Scope

What action is that rifle made on ?

1631552485846.png

Mauser style, controlled round feed with double square bridge. Safety controls on right side. Gold Safe and Fire.

If its a lefty double square bridge magnum action, I think two companies make them. Prechtl and Reimer Johannsen.

In the white, new, that action would be $5000+

I hear a lot of complaints on the threads of AH "wish it was lefty", "great gun, too bad its not a lefty", "pity the manufacturers don't care enough to make a left version".

This is a case and point of why lefties have no room to complain. Here's the highest quality left handed gun ever offered on this site and it sits unsold.

If its a lefty double square bridge magnum action, I think two companies make them. Prechtl and Reimer Johannsen.

In the white, new, that action would be $5000+

I hear a lot of complaints on the threads of AH "wish it was lefty", "great gun, too bad its not a lefty", "pity the manufacturers don't care enough to make a left version".

This is a case and point of why lefties have no room to complain. Here's the highest quality left handed gun ever offered on this site and it sits unsold.
I AM a lefty and my dream would be to own a traditional English made 375H&H like this one....however, worth it or not, this rifle is WAY out of my league and I bet beyond the reach of many or even most guys here.

That's why its still for sale:)

FREDERICK BEESLEY LEFT-HAND BOLT ACTION RIFLE
. 416 Rigby caliber
23 1/2" barrel
weight 13 lbs with scope & sling
44 3/4" overall
LOP 14" over 7/8" leather covered recoil pad
raised blade front sight & quarter rib 50 yard rear 'V' sight
trigger currently set at a 3 lb 8 oz pull.
EAW quick release bases carrying a Leupold 1.5-5x scope

The gloss blue barrel is marked with "Frederick Beesley (Formerly of St. James Street, London) Amersham" on top, the scimitar proof and "416 Rigby LP/96" on the right side of the chamber and the London "Crown/GP" on the right side of the receiver. The blued floor plate is engraved "Frederick/"African"/Rifle/Beesley".

Highest grade, feathercrotch, dark & darker English walnut is used for the left-handed Monte Carlo stock which features a roll-over comb.There is a rounded horn forearm tip and a blued steel grip cap with "416 Rigby" in gold.

This gun comes in its own custom, brown leather, red felt lined, case with the with the "Frederick Beasley" label sewn in the lid. The case has traveled quite a bit with a few "Alaska Airline" stickers on the outside. I have never tried to remove the stickers. I have carried this rifle to Africa a few times and it has worked perfectly. Maybe shot 20 times in the field culling and 50-100 practice rounds, mostly mild lead that I loaded. Great trigger and wood.

The pictures on the internet are better than what I can take. Dealer paid $9,000.00 at auction in 2013 and I paid him $9,995.00. Anyone looking for a high quality, London made and LEFT HAND .416 Rigby, this is a great rifle. Asking $9,500.00.

View attachment 363818View attachment 363819View attachment 363820
@JMM You can't even buy a new Rigby for that price. Definitely a beatiful rifle.
Bob

. 416 Rigby caliber
23 1/2" barrel
44 3/4" overall

The gloss blue barrel is marked with "Frederick Beesley (Formerly of St. James Street, London) Amersham" on top, the scimitar proof and "416 Rigby LP/96" on the right side of the chamber and the London "Crown/GP" on the right side of the receiver. The blued floor plate is engraved "Frederick/"African"/Rifle/Beesley".

Highest grade, feathercrotch, dark & darker English walnut is used for the left-handed Monte Carlo stock which features a roll-over comb.There is a rounded horn forearm tip and a blued steel grip cap with "416 Rigby" in gold.

This gun comes in its own custom, brown leather, red felt lined, case with the with the "Frederick Beasley" label sewn in the lid. The case has traveled quite a bit with a few "Alaska Airline" stickers on the outside. I have never tried to remove the stickers. I have carried this rifle to Africa a few times and it has worked perfectly. Maybe shot 20 times in the field culling and 50-100 practice rounds, mostly mild lead that I loaded. Great trigger and wood.

The pictures on the internet are better than what I can take. Dealer paid $9,000.00 at auction in 2013 and I paid him $9,995.00. Anyone looking for a high quality, London made and LEFT HAND .416 Rigby, this is a great rifle. Asking $9,500.00.

@JMM
That rifle has @sgt zim written all over it. He is always complaining about no good lefties available. Come on down @sgt zim the price is right
Bob

@Royal27 this is the only time I’ve wished I was of the backward thread design! Your wife wants you to own this!

This is a great rifle. I took it on a couple of cull hunts but have been using my .223 and 06 for the last few years.
Thanks for the compliments. Took me several years to find this one when I was looking for a best quality left hand big game rifle. It checks all the boxes.

The rifle is still available and in Austin, TX.

. 416 Rigby caliber
23 1/2" barrel
44 3/4" overall

Goodness, what a fine rifle! If only I didn't have my "fun money" already tied up on other things and projects!

A gorgeous rifle, I'm a righty so not for me, but I cannot understand how there is no one jumping on this! About one in ten on this site should be a lefty, so there should be plenty takers!

. 416 Rigby caliber
23 1/2" barrel
44 3/4" overall

What a piece of craftsmanship. Just bought a rifle in .416 Rigby, myself-someone will be oh so lucky; sweet gun!

I am a lefty and could be interested in this rifle; but as long as this rifle has been on this site it has not sold. Hmmmm....???? Maybe it is priced too high???
Give me a rock bottom price what you would take. I am in Houston and is the rifle still in Austin,TX?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpstracking

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg