For Sale FN Supreme Mauser 358 Norma

Sold to Sid. Thanks for shopping AH!
@rookhawk
Being a 35 fan I'm sure Sid will get much pleasure from this underrated cartridge.
@badboy melvin has one and wouldn't probably give him some good loads for it.
It is the ideal platform for Woodleigh PPSP in 275 grain or their 310 grain RNSP or solid.
Bob

@rookhawk
Being a 35 fan I'm sure Sid will get much pleasure from this underrated cartridge.
@badboy melvin has one and wouldn't probably give him some good loads for it.
It is the ideal platform for Woodleigh PPSP in 275 grain or their 310 grain RNSP or solid.
Bob

I was sort of thinking (and suggested to Sid) that this cartridge would shoot really flat with an all copper bullet, allowing the big volume and good BC with lower weight. Something in the 220-235gr range would basically be the equivalent stopping power of a 270gr 375HH but with a better BC.

I will probably start with some Norma American PH 358 Norma Magnum 250 Grain Oryx Protected Points. A bit spendy in today's market but a good 'baseline' to start with. Norma brass should be good for reloading too.

Once I source some primers, I'll try some different options. I'm thinking about some 225gr thru 286gr choices from well respected European and domestic sources. Feral hogs should provide some good subjects for bullet performance comparisons.

I will probably start with some Norma American PH 358 Norma Magnum 250 Grain Oryx Protected Points. A bit spendy in today's market but a good 'baseline' to start with. Norma brass should be good for reloading too.

Once I source some primers, I'll try some different options. I'm thinking about some 225gr thru 286gr choices from well respected European and domestic sources. Feral hogs should provide some good subjects for bullet performance comparisons.
@Sid Post
I've loaded 225 grain accubonds and woodleigh projectiles in my Whelen to open to 2,950 fps and they were deadly in Namibia.
The 250 graier can leave the Whelen @2,700 fps and are very potent.
The Norma screams 250s, 275s and 310s
Woodleigh Australia makes excellent bullets and they are available thru midway and others.
A 275 at 2,600 fps out of the big Norma would put big hurt on things.
Bob

Yes, sort of like comparing my 25-06 to my 257 Weatherby. I still occasionally look for a 257Rigby too. Those little quarter-bores are a ton of fun too.

This 358 Norma should provide a good deal more wallop on critters than my 338/06.

You got a great rifle there Sid !!

For sale is a very clean FN Supreme Mauser in 358 Norma. I’ve never used it, only checked headspace to ensure it was safe before selling it. (I got it in a combo deal awhile ago)

I’m not sure it’s been used at all, the paper decal for the original optic is still on it.
Includes Redfield scope. The 358 Norma barrel was done by a famous US barrel maker, Harry McGowan, and his firm is still in business in Montana.

Here’s a gun in a caliber suitable for all living things in North America that will work great for a Safari too. From what I hear, the FN Supreme action was one of the best ever made.

$1800 to your FFL.
View attachment 354534 View attachment 354535 View attachment 354536 View attachment 354537 View attachment 354538 View attachment 354539 View attachment 354540 View attachment 354541 View attachment 354542 View attachment 354543
Interested in this
For sale is a very clean FN Supreme Mauser in 358 Norma. I’ve never used it, only checked headspace to ensure it was safe before selling it. (I got it in a combo deal awhile ago)

I’m not sure it’s been used at all, the paper decal for the original optic is still on it.
Includes Redfield scope. The 358 Norma barrel was done by a famous US barrel maker, Harry McGowan, and his firm is still in business in Montana.

Here’s a gun in a caliber suitable for all living things in North America that will work great for a Safari too. From what I hear, the FN Supreme action was one of the best ever made.

$1800 to your FFL.
View attachment 354534 View attachment 354535 View attachment 354536 View attachment 354537 View attachment 354538 View attachment 354539 View attachment 354540 View attachment 354541 View attachment 354542 View attachment 354543

$1800 to your FFL.
Interested bbl length?

Amazing how many people want to buy things long since sold! Read the thread guys.:rolleyes:

I’ll take it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatrinaLen

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,