For Sale FN Supreme Mauser 358 Norma

It has at least two detractions. No sights and that stock.

It has at least two detractions. No sights and that stock.

Fair opinion. But that stock necessitates no sights as a Western US long range power rifle. And the gun is an original mid-century McGowan as evidenced by that sightless barrel and that custom mid-century stock. If it weren't a McGowan and didn't have that stock, it wouldn't be a period-correct vintage gun. (then I might as well sell the action and bottom metal off for about the same price for a custom build?)

I should have said the detractions were from my pov only. Others MMV. It might get better play on Gunbroker.

Two updates:

The scope is now sold to Mr. Stoppelman.

The rifle is now offered for sale without the scope (but still includes mounts and rings)

And the new price is $1600.

IMG_2644.JPG
IMG_2645.JPG

I am surprised that this is not selling. The action and cartridge are a great match. The swift manual has the 358 Norma but not the 308 Norma, so I assumed the 358 was more popular? Good luck with the sale.

I am surprised that this is not selling. The action and cartridge are a great match. The swift manual has the 358 Norma but not the 308 Norma, so I assumed the 358 was more popular? Good luck with the sale.
Yeah, I’m surprised Toby458 hasn’t snatched it up yet? I don’t think it was in his list of 214 firearms he had owned in the past? PM him.

Beautiful gun and a great offer. I’ve gotta hold out for a .375 though. Ugh

for $300 you can have it rebored to 375!
Quit it!

:giggle:

You made me stop and think there for a second but I really think it would be a shame to change anything on a really nice vintage rifle like that one.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GerthaChristopher

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.