vette447

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, DSC
Hunted
USA (AK,CO,NM,WY,TX,KS,OK), Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Argentina, France
I have been selling a few select rifles out of my personal collection and I am posting this one here for AH members first. This one is a very high-quality Mauser bolt action rifle in .375 H&H Magnum from the master gunmaking guild in Ferlach, Austria. It features a controlled round feed Mauser action with drop box magazine and butterknife style bolt handle (fully engraved). This rifle is very exceptional featuring figured and dark streaked walnut stock with Buffalo horn grip cap and forend tip and very well executed and profuse master engraving throughout the action and barrel culminating in a hunting scene featuring a large bear in the foreground and hunter in the background in gold on the floorplate (Revnant style :p). The fully ribbed 24” barrel is matted (engraved) on top to reduce glare and features one standing and one folding rear leaf express style rear sights and a front gold bead. For optics, a Leupold 1.5-5x20mm Vari-X III scope is mounted onto German claw quick detach rings. This rifle features dual set trigger with a standard hunting trigger pull on front trigger as normal but could be converted to a hair trigger by pulling the rear trigger into the “set” position. This could easily be replaced with a standard Timney or similar trigger if you don’t like it. However, I found set triggers like this to be very effective and easy to use to aid in exceptional accuracy while hunting or target shooting.

LOP is 14-1/2" from the front trigger to the end of the Decelerator recoil pad. Weight is 9 lbs scoped and 8 lbs unscoped. Overall the rifle is in excellent condition showing only some handling marks on the wood and some slight rub wear on the metal surfaces (see pics).

Price is $4,500 plus actual shipping to your FFL. I can accept cashier’s checks for payment.

Please email me with any questions or wish to see additional pictures. Thanks!

Ferlach_375_1.jpg
Ferlach_375_2.jpg
Ferlach_375_3.jpg
Ferlach_375_4(1).jpg
Ferlach_375_5.jpg
Ferlach_375_6.jpg
Ferlach_375_7.jpg
Ferlach_375_8.jpg
Ferlach_375_9.jpg
Ferlach_375_11.jpg
Ferlach_375_12.jpg
Ferlach_375_14.jpg
Ferlach_375_15.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Extraordinary!

Very nice! Somebody’s gonna get a gem.

This is a beauty!
(and, sadly, it is also rare that a Ferlach gun is represented on the forum. Would like to see more of them).

Really, really, beautiful rifle.
Good luck to seller and buyer!

What a fine rifle and I believe the price is fair. It would probably cost close to ten thousand to duplicate this rifle!

What ammo does it shoot best with and what sort of 100 us groups?

Very nice rife. It is done in a style that i love and at a very fair price. I am not in the market for another 375. You should have no problems getting it sold.

What ammo does it shoot best with and what sort of 100 us groups?
I am sorry. I have not shot this rifle so I can not report definitively. I would assume it would do well with standard .375 H&H loadings.

Beautiful rifle!

Nice looking rifle vette! I particularly like the back safety and octagonal barrel. This should sell fast!

A lot of value here. Ferlach rifles are among the best of the best................FWB

I appreciate all of the kind feedback guys. This is, indeed, a lot of rifle for the money. Please feel free to IM or email me with any questions. Thanks!

Is this rifle still available and any reloading dies or ammunition to go with

This rifle is currently still available. Sorry, I do not have any dies or ammo that go with it. Please let me know if I can answer other questions. Thank you

Man that’s a beautiful rifle! It’s out of my price range, but I have no doubt it’s worth every penny.

I've looked at alot of this style rifle lately and this is such a deal. What a rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross