vette447

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, DSC
Hunted
USA (AK,CO,NM,WY,TX,KS,OK), Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Argentina, France
I am selling a few more select rifles out of my personal collection. This one is a very fine Custom Mauser Express rifle in 7x57 Mauser. This rifle was purchased from the, now long gone, Fine Gun Room at the Bass Pro Shops in Dallas several years ago. The salesman thought that it may be a Duane Wiebe but it is not marked with any maker info so I can’t be certain who made it. What I am certain of is that it is a 100% top quality, first class build.

This rifle is built on a 1909 Argentine Mauser action with Berlin address. Many consider this to be the top original Mauser action for a custom build. In addition, this rifle features a quarter rib express sights with one folding rear and banded front gold bead sight. The 22” barrel features a barrel banded front sling swivel with the rear swivel in the stock. The stock is gorgeous English walnut with attractive dark streaking throughout and carved to a perfect slim feel in the hand. It features fine line checkering (appears 26 LPI). The inletting and checkering is impeccable. It has a checkered steel buttplate and hinged drop metal magazine with push button inside the triggerguard. It also features a custom Talley style quick detachable scope mount system and M70 style two position safety shroud for use with the scope. The scope installed and included is a Swarovski Z3 3-9x36mm with duplex reticle.

LOP is 14-1/8" to the end of the steel buttplate and weight is 8.5 lbs scoped. Overall the rifle is in Exc/VG+ condition showing only some wear on the metal and handling marks on the wood but having been fired very little. I have hunted whitetail as well as plains game in Africa with this rifle and I can tell you it is a sweet shooter and just feels excellent in the hand. Sleek lines and great handling. This is an exceptional example of a smaller bore plains game rifle in the classic British Express style. You will not be disappointed.

Price is $5,000 plus actual shipping to your FFL. I can accept cashier’s checks for payment.

Please PM me with any questions or wish to see additional pictures. Thank you!

Mauser 1.jpg
Mauser 2.jpg
Mauser 3.jpg
Mauser 4.jpg
Mauser 5.jpg
Mauser 6.jpg
Mauser 7.jpg
Mauser 8.jpg
Mauser 9.jpg
Mauser 10.jpg
Mauser 11.jpg
Mauser 12.jpg
Mauser 13.jpg
Mauser 14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
What a beautiful Mauser. It would be nice to know who the gunsmith/stock-maker was.

Exquisite, indeed!!! On of the nicest 7x57 Mauser rifle I have seen. I think the price is very good for a quick sell!

Congratulations and good luck !

CF

That is beautiful! What a classic caliber!

I am selling a few more select rifles out of my personal collection. This one is a very fine Custom Mauser Express rifle in 7x57 Mauser. This rifle was purchased from the, now long gone, Fine Gun Room at the Bass Pro Shops in Dallas several years ago. The salesman thought that it may be a Duane Wiebe but it is not marked with any maker info so I can’t be certain who made it. What I am certain of is that it is a 100% top quality, first class build.

This rifle is built on a 1909 Argentine Mauser action with Berlin address. Many consider this to be the top original Mauser action for a custom build. In addition, this rifle features a quarter rib express sights with one folding rear and banded front gold bead sight. The 22” barrel features a barrel banded front sling swivel with the rear swivel in the stock. The stock is gorgeous English walnut with attractive dark streaking throughout and carved to a perfect slim feel in the hand. It features fine line checkering (appears 26 LPI). The inletting and checkering is impeccable. It has a checkered steel buttplate and hinged drop metal magazine with push button inside the triggerguard. It also features a custom Talley style quick detachable scope mount system and M70 style two position safety shroud for use with the scope. The scope installed and included is a Swarovski Z3 3-9x36mm with duplex reticle.

LOP is 14-1/8" to the end of the steel buttplate and weight is 8.5 lbs scoped. Overall the rifle is in Exc/VG+ condition showing only some wear on the metal and handling marks on the wood but having been fired very little. I have hunted whitetail as well as plains game in Africa with this rifle and I can tell you it is a sweet shooter and just feels excellent in the hand. Sleek lines and great handling. This is an exceptional example of a smaller bore plains game rifle in the classic British Express style. You will not be disappointed.

Price is $5,000 plus actual shipping to your FFL. I can accept cashier’s checks for payment.

Please PM me with any questions or wish to see additional pictures. Thank you!

View attachment 528238View attachment 528239View attachment 528240View attachment 528241View attachment 528242View attachment 528243View attachment 528244View attachment 528245View attachment 528246View attachment 528247View attachment 528248View attachment 528249View attachment 528250View attachment 528251
Amazing rifle!

I'm thinking this might be a Len Brownell build, based on the rings and bases, which he
was known for, also the swept back bolt handle.

Man, what a beautiful rifle in a classic caliber!

May be Dakota300 hit the nail at the head...Seems to be a Leonard Brownell, or a close Brownell style rifle! The bases and rings are of the original Brownell design.

Wow, simply amazing rifle. Good luck with the sale.

Nice rifle, nice carpet, what is it? I collect some unusual ones.

May be Dakota300 hit the nail at the head...Seems to be a Leonard Brownell, or a close Brownell style rifle! The bases and rings are of the original Brownell design.
Just showed this to my 87 year old dad and he said more likely than not it is a Brownell. If so, he said Len would put his name under the butt plate.

Gorgeous rifle. Any chance you can move the bolt over to the other side? :)

You guys are awesome. After looking at several example that I could find online, I think it must be a Lenard Brownell rifle also. Definitely the bolt handle and scope mounts as well as overall style point that way. I removed the buttplate do there were no markings under it either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MariWalsta

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross