For Sale Dakota 76 African 458 Lott

Bwaybuilder

AH enthusiast
AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa
Dakota model 76 African, 458 Lott, loaded with custom options, Exhibition English Walnut, Shadow line cheekpiece, ebony forend tip, wrap checkering, duel recoil crossbolts with ebony plugs, steel grip cap, rear inletted swivel stud, 24" barrel with quarter rib, 1 standing & 2 folding leaves, banded hooded front sight, barrel band swivel, "Rigby" style floor plate, 2 panel checkered bolt, mercury recoil reducer, Talley scope bases with 30 mm QR rings coated by Dakota, LOP 14",
9 lbs 11 Oz, brand new , only fired by Dakota, perfect, shipped in hard case, $7900.00

20220529_103316.jpg
20220529_103533.jpg
20220529_103331.jpg
20220529_103326.jpg
20220529_103427.jpg
20220529_103421.jpg
20220529_103510.jpg
20220529_103445.jpg
20220529_103432.jpg
20220529_103357.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one, @Bwaybuilder

People are asking me about the gun (why I'm dakota-guy, I don't know) so I'll just repeat to you what I'm saying to them.

1.) Yes. Very nice dakota.
2.) Ask if he has the build sheet
3.) Was it an Africa Grade or was it custom specifications? (Africa grade has all the stuff your gun has, plus a mercury reducer built into the forestock)
4.) When was it made / was it a Don Allen era gun?

Thank you for posting one of the nicer dakotas I've seen on here in awhile.

@rookhawk
You missed one thing. Does it have original box and papers
Krish.

Build sheet is "the papers" and it said shipped in hard case. Assuming the hard case will be the original dakota one IF it was issued with one. (moderate quality aluminum and plastic case was what they used until they ran out and just shipped in plain cardboard)

Nice one, @Bwaybuilder

People are asking me about the gun (why I'm dakota-guy, I don't know) so I'll just repeat to you what I'm saying to them.

1.) Yes. Very nice dakota.
2.) Ask if he has the build sheet
3.) Was it an Africa Grade or was it custom specifications? (Africa grade has all the stuff your gun has, plus a mercury reducer built into the forestock)
4.) When was it made / was it a Don Allen era gun?

Thank you for posting one of the nicer dakotas I've seen on here in awhile.
African grade with upgraded wood and checkered bolt knob It was not shipped from Dakota with the build sheet, but I'm the original owner. I will check paperwork when I get home for the build date.

African grade with upgraded wood and checkered bolt knob It was not shipped from Dakota with the build sheet, but I'm the original owner. I will check paperwork when I get home for the build date.
Does it come with orginal box with serias l number and all the goodies come in the box.
Krish

Build sheet is "the papers" and it said shipped in hard case. Assuming the hard case will be the original dakota one IF it was issued with one. (moderate quality aluminum and plastic case was what they used until they ran out and just shipped in plain cardboard)
Thanks for the information.
Krish

Has all paperwork shipped with rifle including target. Shipped in the plastic hard case Dakota shipped in

Awesome. If for some reason you cannot locate the build sheet, one can be obtained by calling "Ward" the shop manager at Parkwest Arms in Sturgis, SD. He still has the build sheets for Dakota Arms and they can accomodate if requested nicely.

I want to see that Guy's 18" Dakota 458 Lott????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DelbertBat

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross