Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, RMEF, Pheasants Forever
Hunted
US, Germany, Africa
Have to sell more rifles since my shotguns don't seem to be a hot ticket! :LOL:

CZ 550 chambered in 270, comes with rings. This is a super nice rifle in great condition. PM for additional pics or questions. $1000 obo

20230227_171905.jpg
20230227_171855.jpg
20230227_171928.jpg
20230227_171935.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to sell more rifles since my shotguns don't seem to be a hot ticket! :LOL:

CZ 550 chambered in 270, comes with rings. This is a super nice rifle in great condition. PM for additional pics or questions. $1000 obo
That is a good price. There is one listed on gun broker has already a bid of 1099. Eight more days left.
GLWS.
KRISH

Nice rifle! My 550 in 270 win shoots half inch groups with factory Hornady ammo. Someone will be lucky to have this. Glws

It's obo.....make an offer, I know someone on here wants it. Getting ready to send in my hunt down payment, so need it gone.

I can also provide references of members on here that I have bought and sold items with if there are concerns.

It's obo.....make an offer, I know someone on here wants it. Getting ready to send in my hunt down payment, so need it gone.

I can also provide references of members on here that I have bought and sold items with if there are concerns.
Believe me, in my case its not for lack of want, more of lack of money. This is an excellent rifle at a fair price even at asking price. I have several 270's but what I dont have is a CZ 270. I own several CZ's and love love love them.

Fellow Hunters,

Red Leg said it best, “The .270 is perhaps the most well balanced cartridge for deer hunting”. (or words to that affect).

For myself, in the event I was in the market for a .270, this would be a top choice rifle.
Much like Gizmo, I am extremely fond of the now sadly discontinued, CZ 550 line of hunting rifles.

I have taken black tail deer and caribou, as well as coyotes and smaller vermin with the .270 Winchester cartridge.
The 130 grain spitzer was my favorite load and I used a 6x Leupold scope on the .270, with perfect success.
A real peachy combination.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

This is my recipe for 270, one shot dropped a Kudu bull dead in his tracks.... trying to upload the video but says wrong extension!!

681266589.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The big sable in my avatar was shot with a 270 loaded with a 160gr Nosler Partition. The bullet went right through his lungs and was recovered against the opposite hide. Even though I switched to a 300HH 200gr NP after that for my plains game rifle, I shot zebra, waterbuck, warthog, impala, bushbuck, jackal, baboon and duiker with that 270 160 combo. My pet load was 53gr of 4831 pushing 2800fps. from my pre-64 M70. As I recall, the only one that ran a long way was a zebra and that was because I hit him a little too far back. He must have taken an extra step...couldn't have been my fault! Ha!

Last edited:
I shot a mn. moose with a 270 weatherby mag 160 gr part. at 100 yds through the heart and sounded like it ricocheted off a rock when it went through its right front knee joint

That rifle has some really nice wood. Better than any of my CZs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lepani

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!