For Sale Custom .458 WM Mauser Action

AES

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Admittedly, I don't know much about this gun or it's maker so here are some specs + observations.

Manufacturer: AR Pryor
Model: Custom Mauser
Caliber Info: .458 Win Mag
Condition: VERY Little use
Barrel: 25"
Action: Bolt
Stock: Tiger Striped Maple
LOP: 13.5
Sights: Marbles (f), Williams (r)

Shoots well. Cycles very smoothly. No visible wear to inside of action or in barrel - some wear on actual bolt (from dry cycling).
I will throw in ~2 boxes of Nosler Safari Partitions 500 gr. Happy to answer question or provide follow-up pictures.

$2,250 to your door in Con U.S.

mauser 1.jpg
mauser 2.jpg
mauser 3.jpg
mauser 4.jpg
mauser 5.jpg
mauser 6.jpg
mauser 7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I should mention that I am open to offers. Don’t feel bad about telling me what it’s worth to you.

Beautiful wood on a great looking rifle!

AES...........I already own too many buffalo guns, but still can't help looking at the offers. FWIW there is a lot of competition in the price range you quoted....and with so many safaris being cancelled, and little alternate utility here in North America for the big hammers, I think the market is a little flooded at the high power end of the spectrum...otherwise, that would be a $3K rifle...seems priced right......just my thoughts....thanks for offer......FWB

AES...........I already own too many buffalo guns, but still can't help looking at the offers. FWIW there is a lot of competition in the price range you quoted....and with so many safaris being cancelled, and little alternate utility here in North America for the big hammers, I think the market is a little flooded at the high power end of the spectrum...otherwise, that would be a $3K rifle...seems priced right......just my thoughts....thanks for offer......FWB

Thanks for that and I do not disagree. I absolutely know the wood is off-putting to some. I just need to get a price for it between what I paid and the "will be the cheapest piece of art on my wall" number. I think, given the action and the barrel, there is a "parts value" that is perhaps still a reasonable number.

@AES its a nicely dimensioned rifle in a great caliber. I’d remind the shoppers good isn’t the enemy of great. Sometimes people rip on things but can’t afford better...Beggers can’t be choosers.

if people can’t get past the stock, (It’s the least obtrusive maple stock I’ve seen) It could be red analine dyed and oiled over top, eliminating any maple appearance.

its nice. If I had waited to own the perfect gun I’d still be shopping for my first gun. When you see excellent guns for reasonable money, you buy them. (Hint for the reader: if you paid less than $150k your rifles probably all have flaws making them less than perfect artistic expressions)

One of the great benefits of trading with fellow AH members is when you get to meet them in person. @AES and I hooked up on this rifle after I took @rookhawks advice and went with my gut instead waiting on that perfect opportunity.

I have not shot this rifle yet but everything about it from the maple wood to the custom build screams “love me!”

@AES and I sat in the parking lot of a local gun shop here in Nashville and talked Africa hunting for 45 min in the 80 degree sun yesterday. The rifle was almost an afterthought as we shared hunt stories, pictures, and plans. If work had not gotten in the way, we could have talked all afternoon.

Thanks @AES for the rifle, and for the fellowship, and I Iook very much forward to our continued correspondence.

Also on this rifle, I don’t think the pictures did the character of the maple any favors. Here a couple I think show her off better.
IMG_2133.JPG
IMG_2134.JPG

[mention]Mort Hill [/mention] it was really a pleasure to meet you. and hear about your hunts. I look forward to keeping in touch. Hoping that you feel you got a fair price on a rifle that you can go out and enjoy. Let her rip!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoraceBrei

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!