For Sale Custom 416 Taylor On Remington 700 - Houston

Wow, nice looking rifle! I see why you are selling it though. A little flashy for a Missouri lever gun boy like you :ROFLMAO:
Ray does good work, I’m sure it’s a solid rifle and a good shooter.
Tarbe says he’s in Houston, TX. How did Missouri come into this?

I currently live and work in Houston, but my wife and I own property in Ozark County Missouri, where we plan to retire in about 3 years.

Note "Location" to the left: Houston, TX and Romance, MO
That explains it. Thanks! My dad was from Tiffin (Nevada) Missouri. I’ve been there once. Beautiful country!

We like it! Of course, we are hillbillies at heart!

IMG_0640 (1).jpg
IMG_0024 (1).jpg

Nice gun, good luck on the sale!

Beautiful! I can see why you would want to live there!

Honestly, the best part is the people. The vast majority of the folks there are just plain great!

Low population density, low taxes and moderate weather (compared to Texas and Wisconsin) are nice, too!

Tim

Honestly, the best part is the people. The vast majority of the folks there are just plain great!

Low population density, low taxes and moderate weather (compared to Texas and Wisconsin) are nice, too!

Tim
Yes. A little bit of the best of everything!

Went shooting today.

As I cleaned the 5 rifles up after the range trip, I got to wondering how I was going to get all those rifles back into the safe.

I need some room guys!

I will sweeten the pot by throwing in 59 350gr TSX, 50 400gr Partitions and 35 350gr Speer bullets.

Never shot it. A good friend of mine kept bugging me about it, so I sold it to him. Lol!
Oh Toby, your killing me! But now you can buy Tarbe’s fine Remington .416 Taylor. Then, when you get tired of looking at it (next month?), you can replace the stock with a 14.5 lop model and sell it to me? Just include the reloading dies with it. Ha! Ha! Ha! All kidding aside, you are one of my favorite people here on AH. I really enjoyed the description of your buffalo hunt, “Buffalo rodeo in the Kalahari”, and your lioness hunt. These hunting accounts by you and many others here on AH, help keep my dream alive of someday hunting in a Africa. Thanks!
CEH

I believe we all need an international mutual aid fellowship with the stated purpose of enabling its members to "stay away from buying & selling too many guns to maintain sanity" :whistle::ROFLMAO:

No one needs a foul-weather Moose/Elk rifle?

Willing to entertain trades, partial trades, offers...

Never shot it. A good friend of mine kept bugging me about it, so I sold it to him. Lol!

Toby, Are you native Georgia or Southern? You've just admitted to breaking the Redneck Rule: When you acquire a new (to you) firearm, you MUST fire it before taking into your primary domicile or placing it in sotage (cabinet, safe, locker, etc...). That's the law; it's also why so many road signs have bullet holes in them. LOL

Yup! It appears I'm keeping this one. Time to buy brass!

The 416 Taylor is a nice well balanced round, that and your 450 and you are set for most anything in the big and nasty category, unless you just have to have a 50+ thumper.

The 416 Taylor is a nice well balanced round, that and your 450 and you are set for most anything in the big and nasty category, unless you just have to have a 50+ thumper.

@davetexas is now the owner of the 450 Dakota...I believe he is going to smack a Cape Buffalo with it!

I believe my DG hunting days are over...that is why I am ok with the .416 being a M700. I figured it to be a thumping Moose/Elk rifle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YvonnePaws

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg