Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI DSC DU Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, USA, Argentina
FN Actioned Colt, 22" barrel, 13 7/8" LOP to end of 1" Pacific Research pad, stock has been trimed down and refinished, beautiful dark reddish color, nice project rifle or shoot it just like it is!! $795 shipped

IMG_6321.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
FN action is super smooth

This is a great rifle, the FN action is second to none

I originally bought it to rebarrel as a 9.3x62, but life has gotten in the way of some project's, I agree it is a very solid gun as is, hard to beat the ole tried and true 30-06

It’s a boring cartridge because it just works. Nothing fancy, no special tricks. A little too big for most American game, debatably a little light for a few of the very largest American game. but it works.

The first rifle I ever purchased was a 30-06, I shot a few deer with it but weighing 120 lbs soaking wet and a being a longtime recoil sissy, I sold it to my brother, who still has it. I then bought the much sexier 25-06, still have that gun and it has killed most of the medium game I have shot and will probably hold that record till I am no longer.

If I did not have a 30-06 I would have bought this in a heartbeat. I would bet this caliber has the highest percentage of US NA hunters having at least one in their safes. Nice gun

Very nice. I own three 30.06s and I wish I could buy this one too lol
Good luck with the sale, it's definitely worth the asking price

That's a gorgeous and unique rifle. It's too bad I already have four 30-06's, but somebody is going to get a really nice rifle. Good look with the sale!

Yes, still for sale

Deer season is closing in, surely someone needs a new shootin iron?

There's a small shop up in Wisconsin that has one of these in 300 H&H. Been tempted by that one for the last couple months. These are awesome rifles, right up there with the Husqvarna Smith and Wesson that I've got. Always wanted to get one to have the matched pair one S&W, one Colt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you