For Sale Chapuis RGEX 9.3X74R Double Rifle

Black Fly

AH senior member
Reaction score
Hunted
Namibia
For Sale, Chapuis RGEX 9.3 x74R S/S with two sets of rings (1” and 30 mm) for the factory swing mounts. This RGEX gun has an upgraded walnut stock with right hand palm swell, single trigger. This rifle has an extended trigger guard for strength through the wrist, ejectors, and color case hardened with game scenes on receiver. Rifle has 100 meter regulation targets for both bare rifle and with scope mounted. The Chapuis cocking system cocks both barrels on opening, not recoil activated cocking. The rifle fires the right barrel first, left barrel with the second trigger pull. No searching for the second trigger and no doubling. The gun has a few marks from going in and out of the safe. I can provide additional photos. The 1” rings were factory provided, the 30 mm rings were added later, I believe. Both are the Recknagel type QD rings. I purchased this rifle used. The original owner said he had fired less than 25 shots through it. I’ve shot it at the range and fired it, approximately 55 times It is tight, on face and in good working order. The top lever is still well right of center. The RGEX is an upgraded gun, as noted above. It has the original 14 3/8 LOP. $5500 plus shipping and insurance. For an additional $165 plus shipping, I will include my RCBS 9.3x74R dies, 50 Hornady 286 grain bullets, 63 once fired AA brass, 98 nickel plated primed Federal brass, and a mixed lot of approximately 50 Norma and 15 S&B fired brass as part of this package. This is a hard one to part with, but returning to Africa and bear hunting have been removed from my future. Someone needs to go on a spring black bear hunt, fo hog hunting or take this to Africa and post their trip and photos. Thanks for looking.

right side 2meg.JPG
leftbutt2meg.JPG
leftmuzzle2meg.JPG
right muzzle2meg.JPG
rightbutt2meg.JPG

That is a handsome rifle sir. How long are the barrels?

About as close to a perfect rifle as one could want. ....nice lumber....FWB

Don't suppose with a handle like "black fly" there's any chance your located in Canada?

Sorry but I'm from south of that border. I spent most of my life working with black flies. But, I've fed (invountarily) quite a few in the bush in Quebec and Ontario!
Bfly

Nice rifle, I have the same model and you are asking a very fair price. Best of luck on the sale.
If you are interested in selling the 30mm rings I would be interested.

WAB, the barrels are 23 and 3/4 inches. I should have included that in the descriptions.

Thanks to all for the comments. Over the years, I have owned a number of double rifles. I found that I needed to be able to have both open sights and a scope to allow for different conditions and to benefit from a versatile caliber. I fumble with extractors. I found double triggers to not be my thing. I strummed doubles when excited, and couldn't find the second trigger when excited. While I like the looks of shadow line cheek pieces, they made my face black and blue. I found i wanted a gun regulated for both open sights and scopes, most that i owned were not. I also found that I like pretty! Hence, this gun.
Bfly

Beautiful rifle would love to have it but tax man wants way to much this year and paying for hunt in 2022
Best of luck in selling it to a lucky new owner

Any interest in a Bran New unfired Blaser R8 Attache with case, accessories in 7mm mag? $9k gun..

Any interest in a Bran New unfired Blaser R8 Attache with case, accessories in 7mm mag? $9k gun..

You should start a new thread, not divert @black fly’s thread.

Here are some requested photos of the receiver. I will post the requested photos of the sights and scope rings either later today or tomorrow. I think I have responded to everyone's requests to far, but I may have missed someone. If you have not heard back from me. please let me know.
Thanks,
Bfly

BottomReceiver2).JPG
LeftReceiver(2).JPG
Rightreceiver (2).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done Oakgall, that is a beautiful double! As soon as you have it please keep us abreast of progress, what you plan to hunt, etc. Man, the buildup for a double is as exciting as getting your hands on the beast.

Thanks heavens that rifle sold. Couldn't figure where I'd really use it for in my area, but dang it was nice for the price.
Bruce

Thanks heavens that rifle sold. Couldn't figure where I'd really use it for in my area, but dang it was nice for the price.
Bruce

Yeah Bruce another of those guns for sale on here which I like , that is on the wrong side if the water.....

Reactions: WAB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross