For Sale Browning Safari .338 Winchester Magnum Zeiss 3 x 9

Thomas G. Vogt

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Browning Safari Grade, .338 Win Mag, 24" Barrel, Push Feed Action., #66308L74 (1974?). The underside of the bolt handle is stamped with the same serial number as the action and barrel. Usual Browning stampings and Made In Belgium stamped on the left side of barrel.

Overall a really nice looking Safari Grade that looks as if it spent the majority it's years in the safe. Barrel and action Blue is 99.9%. The Gold fill in the scroll work on the trigger guard and floorplate does show some signs of being carried but no scratches or dings and the bore is perfect. Comes with the factory open sights with the factory hood. As with the other bigger caliber rifles I have for sale on this site this one doesn't look like it was used for practice too often. It looks a though it wasn't even carried much.

The wood has some nice grain in it and looks better than most of the Safari Grade rifles I have seen for sale and is in 99% condition. There is a small (1/4") ding on the left side between the recoil cross bolts, probably from a button or zipper but that is it. The finish is bright and shows no signs of any cracking or crazing. The factory Browning recoil pad is soft.

The rifle comes with a Zeiss DiaVari 3 x 9 x 36 matte finish scope with their Duplex reticle. New price $600.00. I know for a fact that this scope was purchased new, (might still have the box) mounted in the Redfield one piece and Redfield rings and never shot after that. I cannot say for sure if it was fired before that. If it was fired it wasn't many rounds. I can send the Imgur link for more pictures.

$2,300.00

Price is plus USPS Priority shipping/Ins. to your FFL who must be willing to accept from a non licensee.
You of course have the 3 day non firing inspection period.

Thanks

IMG_6188.JPG

IMG_6208.JPG

Last edited:
Beautiful, best of luck with the sale!

Even though these are push feed the extractor is large like that of a Sako. I like the Browning Safaris. A picture of the crossbolts and the barreled action out of the stock will help confirm condition. From the pictures that’s a nice rifle.

Good luck!

Even though these are push feed the extractor is large like that of a Sako. I like the Browning Safaris. A picture of the crossbolts and the barreled action out of the stock will help confirm condition. From the pictures that’s a nice rifle.

Good luck!

Thanks, I knew it wasn't a salt gun but should have said NO salt in the description. These pictures will confirm that.

IMG_6213.JPG
IMG_6215.JPG
IMG_6214.JPG
IMG_6217.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone buy this....

If I am reading this correctly, the gun comes with the Zeiss scope?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois