Jager Waffen74

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Safari Club International, NRA, Wild Sheep Foundation
Hunted
Tanzania, Nimibia, S. Africa, New Zealand, Mexico, Yukon, Northwest Territories
I have decided to sell my Bansner Ultimate Ovis Sheep rifle SCI gun of the year. For those of you not in the know about Mark Bansner, he builds the most beautiful sheep rifles you can own. Every detail about this rifle speaks class with nothing spared. This rifle was purchased at the SCI show about many years ago, and was built for the SCI fund raiser banquet. I have not fired it, and it remains just as the day it was purchased. I have owned another one of these rifles in .300 RUM and it shot .2's @ 200yds. This rifle is chambered in .270 WSM and has a 1-11" twist #3 Lilja Barrel. The action is Mark's proprietary action which was made by defiance for him. It has a blank magazine with 3rnd capacity to reduce weight. It is outfitted with a Jewell trigger set at 1.8lbs. The stock is Mark's own High Tech Stock which is hand laid carbon and has a Tan Stone fleck paint. All the metal finish including the Talley rings are coated with KG industries KCoat. The rifle is outfitted with a Swarovski Z3 with BRX reticle. Mark doesn't make this rifle anymore, but when he did the gun sold for $6,300.00 for gun only.... They are that good.

Mark barrels his guns with a method called the dial in method. Essentially dialing in the perfect harmonics to increase accuracy. This package comes with the Aluminum Fitted Americase for this rifle with the custom Bansner logo and the SCI logo. A build sheet comes with the gun and scope paperwork.

Gun Weight with Scope: 6lbs. 3oz.

Gun Weight without Scope: 5lbs. 2oz.

Price : $5850.00 shipped
*** Not interested in trades at this time, Thank you. ***
20210816_202746.jpg
20210816_203053.jpg
20210816_203251.jpg
20210816_203850.jpg
20210816_203817.jpg
20210816_203613.jpg
20210816_203204.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have decided to sell my Bansner Ultimate Ovis Sheep rifle SCI gun of the year. For those of you not in the know about Mark Bansner, he builds the most beautiful sheep rifles you can own. Every detail about this rifle speaks class with nothing spared. This rifle was purchased at the SCI show about many years ago, and was built for the SCI fund raiser banquet. I have not fired it, and it remains just as the day it was purchased. I have owned another one of these rifles in .300 RUM and it shot .2's @ 200yds. This rifle is chambered in .270 WSM and has a 1-11" twist #3 Lilja Barrel. The action is Mark's proprietary action which was made by defiance for him. It has a blank magazine with 3rnd capacity to reduce weight. It is outfitted with a Jewell trigger set at 1.8lbs. The stock is Mark's own High Tech Stock which is hand laid carbon and has a Tan Stone fleck paint. All the metal finish including the Talley rings are coated with KG industries KCoat. The rifle is outfitted with a Swarovski Z3 with BRX reticle. Mark doesn't make this rifle anymore, but when he did the gun sold for $6,300.00 for gun only.... They are that good.

Mark barrels his guns with a method called the dial in method. Essentially dialing in the perfect harmonics to increase accuracy. This package comes with the Aluminum Fitted Americase for this rifle with the custom Bansner logo and the SCI logo. A build sheet comes with the gun and scope paperwork.

Gun Weight with Scope: 6lbs. 3oz.

Gun Weight without Scope: 5lbs. 2oz.

Price : $5850.00 shipped
*** Not interested in trades at this time, Thank you. ***View attachment 419336View attachment 419337View attachment 419338View attachment 419339View attachment 419340View attachment 419341View attachment 419342
Hi @Jager Waffen74, Your private information was removed from your post for privacy reasons. If you want to provide someone your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system, thank you.

As per our posting guidelines:
It is not okay to post your own personal information or post links to your personal information, including but not limited to email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses or identification numbers. If you want to provide someone else your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system.

Would sell the rifle alone no scope, with case, rings and gun shipped for $5k

There’s a Bansner in my LGS. Very nice rifles. Good luck with the sale!

I don't live too far from Mark and have the same in my own 264-300 WSM and it's been phenomenal. Son and I have made countless shots out to 720 yards on game essentially with a 5 lb rifle. 6 point something with a scope. That is definitely one of the finest rifles out there. That said I've been in touch with him and may have to rebarrel mine as it has greater than 2,000 rounds through the barrel at 3300 ft per second using very long high SD high BC bullets. PA custom rifles are shooters since Daniel Boone!

I had a .300 RUM too and that gun was a hair under 6lbs. And it shot phenomenal. I expect nothing less outof this one. I am funding something otherwise would even consider selling it.

REDUCTION, $5000 shipped WITH THE BRAN NEW SWAROVSKI!!

That, is an amazing rifle. Best of Success to whoever the new hunter who owns this is!

Dennis here can you tell me if this is a 3 round gun or 4 what is the barrel lengthis the muzzle brake removable ? thanks

can contact me via PM thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
can contact me via PM thanks
Hi @DSD3160, Your private information was removed from your post for privacy reasons. If you want to provide someone your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system, thank you.

As per our posting guidelines:
It is not okay to post your own personal information or post links to your personal information, including but not limited to email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses or identification numbers. If you want to provide someone else your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system.

It is a 3 round, and I never removed the muzzle break but they are removable. I don't know if I have a thread protector. 24" barrel.

Not sure where the PM is located to contact you. But let me know would like to discuss the rifle with you thanks'Dennis

Not sure where the PM is located to contact you. But let me know would like to discuss the rifle with you thanks'Dennis
Hi Dennis,

The PM system on AH is called Conversations.

If you go to your Inbox at https://www.africahunting.com/conversations/ you will find your messages there. If you want to start a conversation, go to your Inbox at https://www.africahunting.com/conversations/and click on the button that says Start Conversation or go to the following link: https://www.africahunting.com/conversations/add.

Also by clicking on a member's avatar, a window will open up giving you the ability to click on a link called Start Conversation to send a message to that member.

Conversations are private just like Private Messages (PMs). Conversations unlike PMs can be between 2 people or more but remain private for those who are part of the conversation.

Cheers,
Jerome

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg