For Sale B. Searcy & Co. Double Rifle/Shotgun In 500 Nitro Express & 12 Gauge (3 Inch)

NeilGift

Reaction score
Media
SEARCY DELUXE BOXLOCK TWO BARREL SET IN 500 NITRO EXPRESS 3 INCH AND 12 GAUGE 3 INCH.
This double rifle barrel is 24 inches mono-block with double underlugs, optional peep sight, express mid sight, and caterpillar (semi-beaver tail) front sight. The optional extra 12 gauge barrels are 28 inches long with 3 “ chambers, fitted with Colonial choke tubes in Modified, Improved Cylinder and Full, 6 total choke tubes in all.

The length of pull is 15 ½ inches for the front trigger and 14 ½ inches for the rear trigger. The stock is fine figured English Walnut, crystal clear medium gloss finish, checkered grip and forearms, leading to a Pachmyr recoil pad. The boxlock action has non-automatic safety, bushed firing pins and articulated double triggers with automatic ejectors. There is also the optional trap grip cap in the pistol grip.

The Anson & Deeley receiver has arabesque scroll engraving along with "B Searcy & Co." Each barrel set has the maker's name, the caliber designation and a flourish of scroll engravings at the head of the ribs.

Mr. Searcy custom installed a 13 ounce Breako Mercury recoil reducer in the butt stock to help with the fully loaded 500 Nitro Express Cartridge recoil.

The gun comes in a brass bound oak & leather case with fitted compartments for all the pieces. The overall condition of all components is EXCELLENT and this is priced to sell at $16,999.00.

This is rifle has never seen the field nor traveled outside the United States. This was a gift from my father as he cannot hunt anymore due to injury and old age. Our family simply has no further use for such an amazing rifle/shotgun. We hope this finds a good home/hunter who will use it well.

Buyer to pay all applicable transfer fees, shipping costs and taxes, where applicable. No warranties expressly or implied, besides, Butch stands behind his products 100%. I will ONLY ship to a valid in force Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder via UPS Ground. It is the responsibility of the buyer to know their own laws in their state.

IMG_4636.JPG

Please PM me for additional photos and details.

Words cannot express how much I want this and cannot afford it at the same time. Nice looking rig!

Words cannot express how much I want this and cannot afford it at the same time. Nice looking rig!
Thank you sir. It is heart breaking for my father since he was injured in an auto accident and never fulfilled his dream to hunt in Africa. So this piece deserves to get to a new home where it will be used and loved. It just didn't see any field work at all, sadly.

I know this will sound strange but can you please post a photo with today's date and the rifle in question? It will help ensure the veracity of the offer.

I know this will sound strange but can you please post a photo with today's date and the rifle in question? It will help ensure the veracity of the offer.
You know, that is strange, but I am real and this rifle is legitimate. Please see attached photo as requested:

IMG_3766.JPG

Does that work?

Meanwhile, maybe I did not mention it, but I do have an account with GunTab for an escrow service, which has been great. This is how I would prefer to complete any transaction, but am willing to work with the buyer.

Thank you for your interest.

More PM's answered. Thank you for everyone's interest. Just trying to find a good home for this amazing piece of work.

More PM's answered. Thank you for everyone's interest. Just trying to find a good home for this amazing piece of work.
I appreciate your patience and helpfulness (I am sure most everyone else here does as well), just wish I could buy it myself.

SEARCY DELUXE BOXLOCK TWO BARREL SET IN 500 NITRO EXPRESS 3 INCH AND 12 GAUGE 3 INCH.
This double rifle barrel is 24 inches mono-block with double underlugs, optional peep sight, express mid sight, and caterpillar (semi-beaver tail) front sight. The optional extra 12 gauge barrels are 28 inches long with 3 “ chambers, fitted with Colonial choke tubes in Modified, Improved Cylinder and Full, 6 total choke tubes in all.

The length of pull is 15 ½ inches for the front trigger and 14 ½ inches for the rear trigger. The stock is fine figured English Walnut, crystal clear medium gloss finish, checkered grip and forearms, leading to a Pachmyr recoil pad. The boxlock action has non-automatic safety, bushed firing pins and articulated double triggers with automatic ejectors. There is also the optional trap grip cap in the pistol grip.

The Anson & Deeley receiver has arabesque scroll engraving along with "B Searcy & Co." Each barrel set has the maker's name, the caliber designation and a flourish of scroll engravings at the head of the ribs.

Mr. Searcy custom installed a 13 ounce Breako Mercury recoil reducer in the butt stock to help with the fully loaded 500 Nitro Express Cartridge recoil.

The gun comes in a brass bound oak & leather case with fitted compartments for all the pieces. The overall condition of all components is EXCELLENT and this is priced to sell at $16,999.00.

This is rifle has never seen the field nor traveled outside the United States. This was a gift from my father as he cannot hunt anymore due to injury and old age. Our family simply has no further use for such an amazing rifle/shotgun. We hope this finds a good home/hunter who will use it well.

Buyer to pay all applicable transfer fees, shipping costs and taxes, where applicable. No warranties expressly or implied, besides, Butch stands behind his products 100%. I will ONLY ship to a valid in force Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder via UPS Ground. It is the responsibility of the buyer to know their own laws in their state.

View attachment 425729

Please PM me for additional photos and details.
This thread ends abruptly. Was this sold or is it still available for sale?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!