For Sale AHR CZ 550 500 A Square Rifle

Rocco490

AH fanatic
Reaction score
New unfired AHR CZ 550 custom rifle in 500 A SQUARE. Built on a 416 Rigby action by American Hunting Rifles back in 2015 or 2016. Pictures coming.

AHR 1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes! Ill bet that roars from both ends!

What is the price? Will it come with any reloading items? (Dies, brass).

New unfired AHR CZ 550 custom rifle in 500 A SQUARE. Built on a 416 Rigby action by American Hunting Rifles back in 2015 or 2016. Pictures coming.
Whats your location??

I see your from the UK I'm from United States commonwealth of Virginia.

It will come with 6 rounds of ammo but no loading dies or brass. Brass is easy enough to make from 460 weatherby brass that is one of the reasons I chose the cartridge for my 50 cal big bore rifle.

Recoil I would expect to be significant with full house loads but I was planning on loading for around 2200-2250 fps with 570 grain pills and not going for the max fps. Price to pay for good stopping cartridge performance in a rifle that you can actually carry. This rifle should come in around 10 to 10.5 pounds didn't bother to put it on a scale.....

Sorry left out pricing $3900 shipped and insured if anywhere near virginia

B
I see your from the UK I'm from United States commonwealth of Virginia.
Balls!!! I wish I was in the USA for that thing. Good luck with the sale and I cant wait for the pics

@USMA84DAB has some experience with the 500AS.
Maybe he will chime in with regards to the rifle weight vs recoil.
Although I truly believe felt recoil has more to do with stock fit than anything else.
Good luck with the sale.

I should say it was test fired at AHR to test function and regulate sights.

Here are some specs on it wayne at AHR did the build on a CZ 550 American Safari Magnum Field Grade 416 Rigby. New chrome moly barrel 26" .510" bore chambered to 500 A Square. Factory Walnut stock bedded for action and barrel by wayne, adjusted rails of the action for 500 A Square cartridge, Factory safety, Factory bolt handle, Factory trigger polished and adjusted for 3.5 pound pull weight, Gunkote metal finish on all metal, Island rear sight and 6.5 mm red fiber optic bead front sight, Barrel sling band on barrel.

Would you consider a trade? I have a Kimber Caprivi in .458 Lott with a Leupold VX-3i 1.5-5x20 scope. The rifle has about 15 rounds throught it and the scope is brand new, just mounted and bore sighted. I have over 200 factory rounds of ammo also. Rifle has case and sling. please let me know. Thanks TGE. PS I am in Charlotte, NC

Would you consider a trade? I have a Kimber Caprivi in .458 Lott with a Leupold VX-3i 1.5-5x20 scope. The rifle has about 15 rounds throught it and the scope is brand new, just mounted and bore sighted. I have over 200 factory rounds of ammo also. Rifle has case and sling. please let me know. Thanks TGE. PS I am in Charlotte, NC
Kimber caprivi 458 lott is a beautiful rifle. I seen one in Knoxville TN gander mountain one time. Almost bought it. Well that is some time back.

Per BeeMaa -

I worked at A-Square for most of a year. I ran ammo production. Built my own .495 A-Square on a Sako action (southpaw). The Coil-Check stock makes the BIG bore/.510" firing manageable. The AHR stock will be a bit more "sporty" as it is smaller, has a smaller grip area, etc.. I have not fired an AHR - just going from prior A-Square experience. I used my .495 to stalk bunnies in SD windrows, so one can get used to recoil.

Does it have recoil reducers? The long barrel means alot of weight to ameliorate the recoil impulse.

The cases are available out there if you look hard.

Simple approach - load your cartridges to a level you can effectively shoot, given the recoil impulse.

I hope this rifle goes to a good home!

Sir: I am interested in the rifle. Please send my an e-mail with your phone number. If you would rather have cash, I am still interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sir: I am interested in the rifle. Please send my an e-mail with your phone number. If you would rather have cash, I am still interested.
Hi @Tully111, Your private information was removed from your posts for privacy reason. If you want to provide someone your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system. Thank you.

As per our posting guidelines: It is not okay to post your own personal information or post links to your personal information, including but not limited to email addresses, telephone numbers, mailing addresses or identification numbers. If you want to provide someone else your personal information please do so in the Conversation/Private Message (PM) system.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg