AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA (Limpopo), USA , CAN
Looking to sell my Sabatti EDL in 470 Nitro Express. Rifle is a 2019 build, so not a Cabela's gun, ie no ground muzzles. Ive had this rifle for about 2+ years and have enjoyed it. It was my first venture into the DR world. As I have mentioned here before, I truly am one of the odd ones and prefer an O/U to a SxS. So, this one is moving to finally get the O/U I've been after. Wood is gorgeous on this example with maybe a few handling marks. There is a small chip in the wood on the corner of the forearm near the metal. This was present when I purchased the rifle (from original owner whom had a disabling back surgery), has not changed, but is still there (pictured). EDL engraving on the receiver featuring a Lion, Buffalo, and Elephant. This rifle has auto ejectors. Rifle will come with a Contessa quick detach scope mount with both 1" and 30mm rings, new NECG front sight (white bead), new NECG rubber finger guard. I would guess $300-$350 in value. The scope pictured does not come with the rifle, apologies, though in practice the mount retained zero for the few shots I did try with it mounted, removed, and mounted again. Regulation target included. I shot mostly Hornady for practice which was the same 2" or so spread at 40 yards off hand, I'm sure off sticks would be even tighter. I would sell some ammo to the purchaser should they want some, but the new rifle will also be a 470 so cant sell it all. In full disclosure, the right barrel wasn't ejecting the spent shell quite a far as the left, so I sent the rifle to Ken Owen whom said he honed a small spot and now the right barrels places the shells the same as the left on ejection, also gave me some of his hinge pin lube.

Please feel free to ask any questions. If you're looking to get into the DR game without dropping 5 figures to test it, as I was, this would be a great rifle for you. Asking $6,400 plus shipping. I can use my company's account to get a deal on shipping. I believe I paid $100 to ship from Milwaukee to Moscow, TN for the rifle insured for $6K.

long.jpg
full.jpg
acc..jpg
mount.jpg
left rec.jpg
right rec.jpg
under rec.jpg
muzzle.jpg
chip.jpg
target.jpg

Thats a VERY sweet deal there. I had a Sabatti double in 416 rigby and loved it. I used it as a stepping stone rifle to graduate to a bigger cal (500j). She shot very well and was nice to handle too. The new owner of this shouldn't worry about the regulation.

Also can people who have not owned or shot these try to refrain from bad mouthing them They are very good for the money and many other European makers use Sabatti action and barrels (a few Italians do for sure but I cant remember the names).

Snap it up at this price its a steal and you get the fancy mounts

Absolutely gorgeous rifle!

Truly a great deal, someone is going to enjoy that gun immensely!

Once it’s sold we’ve got to hear what you’re replacing it with!

If you could, please let us know the length of pull and the overall weight of the rifle. Thanks!

Awesome gun! Wish I could get it. Good luck selling it, don’t think it should take that long to sell that beauty.

If you could, please let us know the length of pull and the overall weight of the rifle. Thanks!
Weight is 10.0 lbs, that's with the Contessa rail. Original weaver rail also included.

LOP by my tape is 14 1/8 from rear trigger to center of pad and 15 1/8 from front trigger to center of pad. Please let me know if you want it from the wood as there is a thin spacer with the pad.

Thanks!

Forgot to mention, I can takes most forms of payment. Check, money order, zelle, venmo, and PP (friends/ family). Credit cards can be used thru PP should you want.

Thanks!

It knocking the brand whatsoever. My only concern is I bought a new Rizzini 470 with even closer regulation. Beautiful gun like this one except at 9.9 pounds kicked me near to death. I had to sadly sell it. In this caliber my experience 12 pounds is needed for enjoyable shooting. Again not about the brand whatsoever about the caliber and rifle weight to handle it. Our forum is about sharing our experience some of it hard earned. Wish you the best in sale

A very nice rifle. Anyone interested in the "True Story on the Sabatti's" should make a phone call to Ken Owens who is not only a great guy, but a awesome gunsmith. I believe someone is going to get a great deal on this rifle, but again I would talk to Ken, quickly this will not last long!

A very nice rifle. Anyone interested in the "True Story on the Sabatti's" should make a phone call to Ken Owens who is not only a great guy, but a awesome gunsmith. I believe someone is going to get a great deal on this rifle, but again I would talk to Ken, quickly this will not last long!
Bru its sold pending funds

I'm really glad whoever bought this scooped it up before I saw this thread. You saved me some cash I didn't need to spend. I was already planning a road trip to Milwaukee before I got to the end of the thread and saw it had already sold

It knocking the brand whatsoever. My only concern is I bought a new Rizzini 470 with even closer regulation. Beautiful gun like this one except at 9.9 pounds kicked me near to death. I had to sadly sell it. In this caliber my experience 12 pounds is needed for enjoyable shooting. Again not about the brand whatsoever about the caliber and rifle weight to handle it. Our forum is about sharing our experience some of it hard earned. Wish you the best in sale
Congrats to the buyer and seller on the sale.

My Birmingham boxlock .470 is 10.2 pounds. Seems about right for a rifle carried far and shot relatively rarely. It is a bear off a bench, but very manageable off the sticks or unsupported.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VEXCatheri

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!