For Sale 458 & 375 Rigs

outdoorbum

Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, Canada, Mexico
I'm giving up my dream to go to the Dark Continent and here is my lot.
* Sako AV in .375 H&H for $1250 (PLUS SHIPPING). Comes with a Hart muzzle break. The stock was said to be original stock, but has been dipped in camo. Nikon 4x14x40 BDC reticle.
* Rem 798 in .375 H&H for $700 (PLUS SHIPPING). Laminate stock, comes with factory box/papers. I am the second owner and it has around 10rds through it. 26" barrel with iron sights. Very clean and great shape. Nice Zastava Mauser action for controlled round feeding.
* Interarms/Whitworth Mark X in 458 Win Mag $1100 (PLUS SHIPPING). Bluing is in 98% plus condition. Has large nitro pad added. Express sights with folding leads. Hood present on front. Wood has AMAZING grain for a working gun. Rifle was shot just a few times to confirm working order after purchased. Bore is mirror mint. Swivel marks at the rear stud.
* Whitworth in 458 Win Mag for $800 (PLUS SHIPPING). Whitworth Zastava built gun and imported by Interarms. (Same action and manufacturer as Remington 798) Blueing and metal is in good shape. There are a few stock dings; I'm the third owner and it has been handled more than shot. Missing front sight hood. Original whitworth recoil pad. 13 5/8" trigger to pad. Stock has a small split at the top (shown in pics)

Ammo and reloading supplies will go after the guns sale. Email me for more pictures and any questions. I can meet serious buyers at Cabela's in Garner, NC. No trades at this time. Cross posted so email (outdoorbum AT gmail DOT com) time stamp wins. USPS Money order or cashiers check. Items shipped must go to to your FFL (additional charges if I have to ship from an FFL).

20190626_124607.jpg
20190626_124701.jpg
20190626_124915.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bullthrower338

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
Life Member Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, Huntin' Fool, DSC and Pope and Young Club
Hunted
USA, Mexico, Canada, RSA, Australia NT, Zimbabwe
Don’t give up, nobody likes a quitter!

outdoorbum

Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, Canada, Mexico
Thanks and these are two (2) of my favorite calibers too

James Buie Rhyne

AH member
Reaction score
Was the stock cut on the 458 Whitworth? Do you have the original pad? Can you send a picture of the receiver markings?

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Oh yes a matching (mostly) set of Zastavas in 375 H&H & 458 Win. That would be a nice Africa two rifle set-up!

outdoorbum

Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, Canada, Mexico
I sent an email with picks @James Buie Rhyne . I think it's original. I think this is a great quad setup (primary and back ups) for anything on the planet

20190627_065137.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

outdoorbum

Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, Canada, Mexico
Replied @Ridge Runner.

It's a great opportunity to get a primary and backup set for "anything on the planet"

outdoorbum

Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, Canada, Mexico
Rem 798 in .375 H&H and Interarms/Whitworth Mark X in 458 Win Mag have bee sold

outdoorbum

Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, Canada, Mexico
Australia is on the bucket list to say the least

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Triathlete3

Latest profile posts

Rare Breed wrote on USMA84DAB's profile.
1631552006164.png
elkhunter77 wrote on Mark Biggerstaff's profile.
Yes, I am interested in some A Frames to load, if they are the 300 grain or other that will work for Cape Buff. I need enough to work up a load and sight in, then carry over there
KKovar wrote on AfricaHunting.com's profile.
Wow, great response regarding the title of a thread and an amazing site.
Jerycmeach wrote on Bullet Safaris's profile.
I am interested in hearing about your wild lion hunts.
Daniel Cary wrote on Thomas Rutledge's profile.
Greetings Mr. Rutledge. My apologies for the latent reply, cell/email prohibited during working hours, apx 72 a week, yikes! I just wanted to thank you for keeping me in mind for possible 577 loads. I actually purchased a few rounds, however, the firearm is still on the fence at this point.
Many Thanks, again. Regards, Dan.