For Sale 450 Ackley Magnum On Remington 1917

ABIGFOOTZ

AH member
Reaction score
Custom 1917 Remington in 450 Ackley Magnum.Excellent build quality.Comes with alot of extras like RCBS Dies,20 New 450 Ack Magnum headstamped brass.20 New Jamison416 RemMag case which work perfect for reloading.2 458 Lott snap caps.Millett SP-2 Red Dot in Leverlock mounts.Some of custom features are Model 70 Safety,Timmney trigger,Cock on open,Dual recoil lugs,Muzzle brake,Decellerator Pad.1 in 14 Twist.Was built in Spokane Wa.Rifle weighs 14 Lbs of which the weighted stock is 7Lb. 12 Oz.Has a synthetic stock with Ryonite finsh all bedded.Not pretty but very durable.Shoots great(see pics)and functions nice.Holds 3 down and 1 in pipe.Test fired and sighted in only.Has not been hunted yet.Very unique custom heavy hitter.Cost is 1500.00 shipped to Your FFL in Lower 48.Please PM me if interested.

001.JPG
002.JPG
003.JPG
009.JPG
012.JPG
022.JPG
021.JPG
024.JPG
020.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately do not know.A widow put this in a pawn shop in Spokane and the story was the Gentleman passed away without being able to use it.The action has CNS stamped on bottom.I live near Spokane and have seen most of the gunsmiths work.This was well done high quality work.No disappointments on close examination.

Question for anyone that may have a better knowledge base that I...

target reads 70 gr of 4895. H or IMR? Any opinions?

Eh, why not? I’ll give it a whirl and she how she does. Hoping I can put a scout scope on and replace that dang millet thing.
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it!
When I saw this rifle I knew you were going to bid.

I need another dangerous game rifle like I need another hole in my head but...

The P 17 M70 safety, Timney trigger, and fiberlass stock are in themselves tempting...

I love my 450 Ackley Bolt action. Extremely accurate and a great elephant rifle. Several decades ago at the beginning of an elephant hunt in Namibia I stuck a red dot on a box at 100 yards and squeezed off a round at 100 yards. The dot disappeared hit dead center with a 500 grain solid. I took two bulls with two shots both dropped in there tracks. Every hunt in following years brought similar results. All PHs loved the rifle. One asked me to shoot a hyena at 200 yards, down at the shot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois