For Sale 450/400 NE Ruger No. 1 New Unfired With Starter Package

Dr. Crack

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA
I bought this a few years ago, (been discontinued) it has never been fired. It is mint... not a mark on it. With this package comes 120 rounds of brand new Hornady brass, RCBS safari dies with a CH4 neck sizing die ... all never used. I’m gonna be firm on this because I don’t care whether it sells. 1675.00 takes it shipping included from FFL to your FFL only. A chance to own a piece of Africa without a major piece of your financial being.

BFF59000-B839-427F-AFE4-08C21F870E68.jpeg
C06FF242-3B40-4A43-B4E6-057D3A1F5BE3.jpeg
48585502-EF3C-4BA6-8F3F-584B07449EFE.jpeg
B16B4151-FE39-43DE-918A-DD8DC95F44BD.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a fine rifle you've got there at a fair price. I'd jump on it if I hadn't gotten one this summer.

I'd be interested in buying the brass if the buyer doesn't want it

That's a fine rifle you've got there at a fair price. I'd jump on it if I hadn't gotten one this summer.

I'd be interested in buying the brass if the buyer doesn't want it
If it does not go I will letcha know sir

Price drop 1495.00 takes it. LOL I said I would be firm but oh well.....

Reactions: JHT
Nice rifle, I have one I customized or I would consider. You are asking a very Fair price especially with the dies and brass. Best of luck on your sale.

Nice rifle, I have one I customized or I would consider. You are asking a very Fair price especially with the dies and brass. Best of luck on your sale.
Thanks AZDAVE! These are great rifles. Good luck with yours! Yeah, great round!

How long is the barrel and what does the rifle weigh?

How long is the barrel and what does the rifle weigh?
I think 26? I'll look. weighs 8 lbs. without scope and rings

I have one of these or I would buy this one. They are great rifles, and possibly the absolute best large bore chambering for the Ruger single shot. Basically a 404 Jeffery with the rim. You can choose 41 meg pistol bullets. They’re not nearly as heavy as the 458. The barrel has the same contour as the 375 rifles, but the 40 caliber hole. It is lighter than the 375 rivers. We’re only 458 as well, and it is much heavier. And they shoot.

Barrel should be 24".

Nice score for the buyer!

What are your plans for the rifle?

Personally, I can’t stand a camouflage stock, nice wood and blued steel is where it’s at, but that’s just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions. My main goal is to shoot it well and to learn recoil management. I have read that the 450/400 is the mildest of the nitro expresses to shoot so I figured it was a good place to start. I largest bore I shoot now is a 458 Socom that I load 500gr projectiles in but it’s an AR and there is very little recoil in that. I’d like to go to Africa in the next couple or years but seems like you should be proficient with your rifle before you go. Sorry to be long winded for a simple question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idahocougs89

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!