For Sale .404 Jeffery Components

Newboomer

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
Hunted
RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
RCBS dies $ 160.00.
60 unfired Hornady cases FL sized. $ 90.00.
50 unfired Norma cases FL sized. $ 80.00.
200 Barnes 400 gr TSX FB. $ 250.00.
All or part.
Shipped free lower 48.

RCBS dies $ 160.00.
60 unfired Hornady cases FL sized. $ 90.00.
50 unfired Norma cases FL sized. $ 80.00.
200 Barnes 400 gr TSX FB. $ 250.00.
All or part.
Shipped free lower 48.

Brass is sold.

You didn’t give up on your 404 did you?
Afraid so. After MRC went out of business, I had one in the works from CZ until their custom shop operator developed health problems and shut down. CZ had no more bbls or access to build a rifle. I couldn't find a 404 anywhere near my price range so I decided to divest my components to good homes.

Afraid so. After MRC went out of business, I had one in the works from CZ until their custom shop operator developed health problems and shut down. CZ had no more bbls or access to build a rifle. I couldn't find a 404 anywhere near my price range so I decided to divest my components to good homes.
Sorry to hear. At least you still have your 375.

Yes! That one will never go away.

@Newboomer, not sure where your price range is, but I have been talking to Wayne at AHR about a 404 Jeffery on a CZ action. Complete rifle with all his upgrades for $6,200. I'd thought about buying a .375 H&H to send him to convert, but it would ultimately be about the same cost as just buying direct.

Newboomer, I'm sorry to hear that you decided against getting a 404 Jeffery. There are a couple of gunsmiths that do a good conversion for a reasonable price. Mine was built by Randy's Custom Rifles, it feeds perfectly and groups under 1 MOA with Von Gruff's accuracy load.

Sad to hear Newboomer!

Sorry to hear you aren't getting your 404

Thanks for the concern. This covid crap really put a crimp in the finances so it's going to take some time to recover.

Newboomer,
I’m really sorry to hear this. I’ve never been in the market for a 404, but that’s not the point. This was your dream rifle and please don’t let the dream die off completely. Because your dream for a .404 is someone else’s dream for another rifle. Please, keep looking forward. Your dream makes many of us continue to dream!
CEH

Not totally dead yet and still in the back of my mind.

Not totally dead yet and still in the back of my mind.
No hurry, just don’t let the dream die until you die? That’s where I’m at!

Hope to hell it doesn't take that long. At 80 my time is waning.

Hope to hell it doesn't take that long. At 80 my time is waning.
You’re still replying here! Your fit as a horse (camel)? Keep it coming! Don’t make me drive from Colorado to Nevada to convince you! But I will if I have to! I’ll bring Forrest Halley with me and his Lotts? You wouldn’t want that!

Come on over. AH brothers are always welcome. We'll bust a few caps and get acquainted. Never shot anything bigger than 375HH. A Lott might be a Lotta fun. Yeah, I'm still kicking and plan on terrorizing the world for at least another 10 years.

Don’t give up on the dream!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.