For Sale 375 REM 700 Overwatch

• Thread starter Deleted member 55776
  • Start date
Interesting the OP didn't put this in the classified section but the title clearly states "For Sale.... ah hah just reporting this cr!@p available.

At first I was confused- but now get it I think.. seems more like an attention getting, looking for positive re-enforcement for a "testosterone moment" post than anything else. And clearly more in the realm of wannabe sniper shooting of available animal targets than anything much to do with actual hunting.

Last edited:
I am in “this crowd” and I get excited by this rifle. Why not? It is a great tool for hunting wide open savannahs and prairies. Is it unworthy that he does not hunt the thick jungles of Uganda or the C.A.R. or the jungle hillsides of Northern India?

I am not so sure that men like Bell or Corbett or Patterson would not have loved this rifle. Their mind-set was to procure and use the best tools of the day - they did not use the muzzle loaders of the 17-1800’s.

The mind-set of most hunters today is more likely to be nostalgia, looking back to the heyday of hunting Africa between the world wars. But to truly honor and hunt like the old professional hunters, we would probably also need to adopt their forward thinking mind-set and be open to using the best technology available - not just the tools they used back in the day.

My feeling is - each hunter can choose whatever tools he wants. In my
mind, this forum is not about conforming to some standard of what guys a hundred years ago hunted with.

Why place your choices and preferences for firearms and calibers up on a pedestal and expect others to conform? This is a great rifle and an example of much effort building developing and perfecting it. Why can’t you acknowledge it as such and just say “to each his own”?
Perfectly stated. I too enjoy long range shooting, not necessarily long rang hunting, but if someone hunts with and can make THAT shot then let them. Again, with the nay sayers, I guess no one is as good a hunter as you guys. Geez.

Interesting the OP didn't put this in the classified section but the title clearly states "For Sale.... ah hah just reporting this cr!@p available.

At first I was confused- but now get it I think.. seems more like an attention getting, looking for positive re-enforcement for a "testosterone moment" post than anything else. And clearly more in the realm of wannabe sniper shooting of available animal targets than anything much to do with actual hunting.
@fourfive8 the poster didn't do the for sale thing. It's a glitch in the forum software or moderation. I posted a picture of my rifle not too long ago and it came up as for sale. My blood ran cold thinking of selling that rifle. No effing way. So there you have it.

The second half of your post is spot on.

Corey............thank you for taking the time to show us your rifle...........FWB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donnie58Q

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!