For Sale 1995 Fred Hoppe Moose Bronze

Michael Abbott

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have a 1995 moose bronze by Fred Hoppe titled North Woods Rivals. It was sold for 15,000.00 at the SCI convention in 1995. I've been told by several appraiser that it is valued between 50 to 70 thousand. Due to limited space I'm looking to see if I can find someone who would value it as much as me. I would like to get 45,000.00 for it. Any reasonable offer would be considered. Due to the size and weight it would have to be picked up at my house in Pennsylvania or have a moving company transport it. It weighs approximately 250lbs. It is an original and 1of 1.

20200711_164213.jpeg
20200711_164202.jpeg
20200711_164248.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Best bet is to run it through Christie’s or Southebys. You’ll be sure to get maximum current market value minus 18% commission.

Check out liveauctioneers.com for pricing data, and also to search what is available from this artist, and what prices have been realized for his work. Christie’s and Sotheby’s are fine, but the larger houses can have more aggressive economics than smaller auction houses. Look for an auction house that deals in outdoor art, especially bronzes, and you may find even better prices than going with a generalist house, or that simply specializes in the most expensive items. Good luck.

Check out liveauctioneers.com for pricing data, and also to search what is available from this artist, and what prices have been realized for his work. Christie’s and Sotheby’s are fine, but the larger houses can have more aggressive economics than smaller auction houses. Look for an auction house that deals in outdoor art, especially bronzes, and you may find even better prices than going with a generalist house, or that simply specializes in the most expensive items. Good luck.
Thanks for the info. I will definitely check that out

Thanks for all the help guys. Talked to some auctioneers and they have helped tremendously

Thanks for showing me that. I've actually had some appraiser estimate it at around 50 to 70k. I've actually talked to Fred and he said that seems to be about the right value.

Thanks for showing me that. I've actually had some appraiser estimate it at around 50 to 70k. I've actually talked to Fred and he said that seems to be about the right value.
You absolutely need to pick the right auction house and the house needs to help you pick the right auction. Most people are in a hurry to sell and houses and dealers take advantage of that. In the right auction you will pay a 20% seller's premium and should have several interested bidders.

I have a 1995 moose bronze by Fred Hoppe titled North Woods Rivals. It was sold for 15,000.00 at the SCI convention in 1995. I've been told by several appraiser that it is valued between 50 to 70 thousand. Due to limited space I'm looking to see if I can find someone who would value it as much as me. I would like to get 45,000.00 for it. Any reasonable offer would be considered. Due to the size and weight it would have to be picked up at my house in Pennsylvania or have a moving company transport it. It weighs approximately 250lbs. It is an original and 1of 1.

View attachment 357169 View attachment 357170 View attachment 357171
Looks like a beautiful piece of art . I hope you can sell it for what it is worth then you can buy a beautiful custom rifle or a few rifles , depending on your preference . Rifles don't take up too much space in a gun safe :LOL:;)(y)

Yes I need a few more rifles.
Looks like a beautiful piece of art . I hope you can sell it for what it is worth then you can buy a beautiful custom rifle or a few rifles , depending on your preference . Rifles don't take up too much space in a gun safe ;)(y)

I totally agree with you. I'm in no hurry to sell it.
You absolutely need to pick the right auction house and the house needs to help you pick the right auction. Most people are in a hurry to sell and houses and dealers take advantage of that. In the right auction you will pay a 20% seller's premium and should have several interested bidders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfonzoPal

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!