Football... who needs it

Abeln

AH veteran
Reaction score
Have a nice fire started, half a dozen chickens and some taters on the grill, decent temperature outside.
Time to fire up the pipe and relax...

20171022_182948.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really "need" it, but I enjoy watching it.....not a big fan of the game, but it's fun to watch. So to those of you (and I include myself in this group) that are sick, tired, and fed up with the whole "NFL/Take a knee "protest" (which I think is total BS), I will make the following suggestion: Check out your local high school football teams. The kids play with heart, for the love of the game, and while it isn't played on a "professional" level, they can be quite competitive. Also, it's not so expensive as pro ball.....last Friday my wife and I had a "date night" and we went to see the local rivalry between the two schools in our district. I had a couple of hot dogs, some popcorn, a couple of sodas, and the total bill came to a whopping $25. Can't even go to the movies for that anymore, and the local boosters do appreciate the support.

Damn fine idea! Since the youngest boy is now in the Airforce, I don't go watch the high school games any more. Aught to, just for fun.

Traveled all da and didn't watch any football

Traveled all da and didn't watch any football
Dang it man, have heard "it's the journey not the destination" in the past but I've always thought who ever made that up never traveled over seas in coach.

NFL is done at my house!

Looks like you had a relaxing evening in store by the fire

You got that right! Wife and two daughters in the house, I'm just sitting by the fire and enjoying some Africa hunting stories.

You got that right! Wife and two daughters in the house, I'm just sitting by the fire and enjoying some Africa hunting stories.

I can absolutely appreciate that! Hope you have a brew or a bourbon as well.

Just finished preparing the hardware for tomorrow's events. I'm heading to my range that I've built at my good friends farm near my property. I've been advised to be prepared for a quite long shot on my next hunt, and have worked the 7mm Rem Mag range data out to 300. Tomorrow we will work from 350 out to 500 yards. I might lob a few from 600 just to see what happens for the sake of science (I don't plan on shooting this far while hunting). I'll have the drop chart ready to print and laminate before the end of the week.

Now that the smoke poles are stowed for the night, there are a few adult beverages that will be enjoyed as my son and I re- hash the finer study of mathematics. Nothing like father son bonding over a fine beer and multiplication flash cards (drinks for me, flash cards for him).

No need for football here. I turned off the cable/ satellite nine years ago when my son was born. I do not miss having the crap pumped into my house on the TV.

Sounds like your son is getting raised right. Too many life lessons to be learned outside, father son time is hard to get as they get older. Enjoy it while you can!

My son landed in Austin Tuesday and went to watch his first football game, he said it was incredible experience.
IMG-20171022-WA0019.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.