FNG from California

skelleywag

Reaction score
Hunted
United States
Good evening AH, from Monterey, California. I've just booked my first plains game hunt with a good friend for August 2024. We'll be hunting with Hendrik & crew at Huntshoek Safaris in the Eastern Cape. We have always casually discussed (usually beer and/or bourbon induced) going to SA on a hunt. This year everything lined up and the trip is booked.

Have already learned a lot from the forums and look forward to learning much more. Only 17 months to go...

Cheers,
Dave

Welcome to AH Dave. Funny how those months rush by, lots to look forward to.

Welcome to AH Dave! Good to have you join us.

Welcome to AH!

Not far from you Dave. Welcome. The time will fly by if you prepare and practice. Congratulations on the hunt and may Diana smile upon you all with good luck and safe travels. The first Safari is a very special thing, you will want to return before you leave camp for home,
Everything you need to know is available to you here, all you have to do is ask.
There are true experts here from all phases of the Safari industry and Firearm knowledge base that are always willing to help, at least in my opinion.

Enjoy every moment

JP

:S Welcome:

Good evening AH, from Monterey, California. I've just booked my first plains game hunt with a good friend for August 2024. We'll be hunting with Hendrik & crew at Huntshoek Safaris in the Eastern Cape. We have always casually discussed (usually beer and/or bourbon induced) going to SA on a hunt. This year everything lined up and the trip is booked.

Have already learned a lot from the forums and look forward to learning much more. Only 17 months to go...

Cheers,
Dave
Awesome Dave! I’m so excited for you. It seems like far off (we always have to book ours way in advance) but it comes up quicker than you think. You have much to look forward to. Congratulations! As the quote by Richard Mullen says: “The only man I envy is the man who has not yet been to Africa - for he has so much to look forward to."

Giday Dave. Welcome to the AH forums.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome aboard!

Hello skelleywag,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

The Eastern Cape of South Africa has some great hunting opportunities.
Practice over shooting sticks, primarily from the standing position and to a lesser degree but nonetheless still important, from the sitting position.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Cheers,
Dave
welcome!

Welcome aboard!

Not far from you Dave. Welcome. The time will fly by if you prepare and practice. Congratulations on the hunt and may Diana smile upon you all with good luck and safe travels. The first Safari is a very special thing, you will want to return before you leave camp for home,
Everything you need to know is available to you here, all you have to do is ask.
There are true experts here from all phases of the Safari industry and Firearm knowledge base that are always willing to help, at least in my opinion.

Enjoy every moment

JP
Thank you! Practice has already begun.
Awesome Dave! I’m so excited for you. It seems like far off (we always have to book ours way in advance) but it comes up quicker than you think. You have much to look forward to. Congratulations! As the quote by Richard Mullen says: “The only man I envy is the man who has not yet been to Africa - for he has so much to look forward to."
Thank you! Great quote.
Hello skelleywag,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

The Eastern Cape of South Africa has some great hunting opportunities.
Practice over shooting sticks, primarily from the standing position and to a lesser degree but nonetheless still important, from the sitting position.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.
Thank you for the advice and the warm welcome. Need to pick up a set of sticks and start working with them.

Welcome! I hope you have great hunt and look forward to you sharing your experience.

Welcome to AH. Congrats on your upcoming safari! Planning is half the fun! Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting.

Welcome Dave! We're looking forward to hearing about your planning and your trip!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!