FN Mauser 1951

spitfire_er

AH member
Reaction score
I have a nice FN Commercial Mauser that needs a new home. Very smooth running action. Standard bolt face, hinged steel Floor plate, 3 position safety, talley rings, 8-40 screws. I have too many irons in the fire. Feeds 30-06 cases good.

$750 shipped.

I also have a nice high figure walnut stock listed here that will work with this action. Will sell both together for $1,000 plus shipping cost.
20220505_174602.jpg
20220505_174611.jpg
20220505_174620.jpg
20220505_174737.jpg
20220505_174912.jpg
20220505_174908.jpg

Someone asked about the rails. Appear as though they have been polished a little, but the geometry matches my untouched FN.

20220507_110807.jpg
20220507_110814.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone asked about the rails. Appear as though they have been polished a little, but the geometry matches my untouched FN.
I have an FN from the early 50s and the feed rails and ramp are beautifully polished from the factory. The stock is properly cast off for perfect sight alignment again from the factory. They did work that would cost bunches to have it done today. The only thing not perfect about mine was the trigger (military style) which I quickly replaced. They are grand rifles!

There's a shadow right where I was trying to see if the rail was machined through or if it is a "C" ring.

the second one shows what I was trying to see. The older style had the rail machined through for the extractor but had the shoulder that the barrel butted up against was solid on the other side. the newer style is like yours where both sides are cut through.

Very nice action. Just to confirm a couple observations. That has an inside of the trigger guard floor plate release? Who made the safety/bolt shroud? Is that safety two position or three? It looks like a Weisner unit. High quality stuff. That’s a lot of bang for the buck. Those modifications are expensive.

Has a Dayton Tristar trigger too. It is a 3 position. I think its a PTG bolt shroud. There is a button on the trigger gaurd for the Floorplate release.

I checked scope ring alignment. Two 1" bars show about 10 thou misalignment in the center side to side. Up and down about 8 thou in the middle. Should lapp out because you are dealing with less than half those numbers on each ring.

this action is one of the smoothest commercial 98 Mauser I've played with. I'm tempted to pull my custom FN apart that I built about 13 years ago and swap actions. Time is always my constraint though.

also here is a link to the listed walnut stock. Its for a g33/40, but should fit this one with minor inletting. The pair i figured makes a hell of a deal.
20220508_152907.jpg
20220508_152843.jpg

Last edited:
Has a Dayton Tristar trigger too. It is a 3 position. I think its a PTG bolt shroud. There is a button on the trigger gaurd for the Floorplate release.

I checked scope ring alignment. Two 1" bars show about 10 thou misalignment in the center side to side. Up and down about 8 thou in the middle. Should lapp out because you are dealing with less than half those numbers on each ring.

this action is one of the smoothest commercial 98 Mauser I've played with. I'm tempted to pull my custom FN apart that I built about 13 years ago and swap actions. Time is always my constraint though.

also here is a link to the listed walnut stock. Its for a g33/40, but should fit this one with minor inletting. The pair i figured makes a hell of a deal.
View attachment 465441View attachment 465442
That's the trigger that I put on mine, very nice. What a great high quality package!

Kudos to you for posting the images of the scope mount alignment. I don't think that would present any problem with the common two-piece rear mount with windage adjustment. Once could lap the rings also. There are many factory rifles with similar variance.

I would be willing to lapp and mark the rings for free if someone buys the action!

$650 shipped. This is cheaper than you can source the parts individually for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you