Reaction score
Media
Member of
BASC, SCI
Hunted
Europe
Hi folks,

Well, today this happened to my 404 Jeff on an FN Commercial

Believe if you look at the below manual (p.6/7) it is part 23, Ejector and Bolt Stop Assembly which is missing

Anyone know where I can source one?

Thanks in advance,

Scrummy

Attachments

• FN MAUSER ACTION.pdf
    951.9 KB · Views: 4
  • uG7EjZv.jpg
    uG7EjZv.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7

Hogpatrol

Silver supporter
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
Atglen Sportsmen's Club, NRA ,SCCFSA, Bridgeville Rifle & Pistol Club
Hunted
RSA, DE, NJ, PA, KS, TX, ME

Sika98k

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Member of
Wild Deer Association of Ireland
Hunted
Kenya,Namibia, Croatia, Morocco Ireland,Scotland,Denmark, Romania, Sweden,Norway,Latvia,Germany,Hungary,
Having looked at another FN for sale here the bolt stop/ejector assembly looks very much like a 98 one. Shouldn’t be too much trouble in the U.K. Who would be building rifles from Mauser actions ? I imagine someone has a parts bin.

Wyatt Smith

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
You might try Sarco I haven’t looked in a while but they a bunch of 98 parts, and at least a few options for commercial Mausers. It’s good luck that it didn’t happen in a buffalo charge.

Scrumbag

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
BASC, SCI
Hunted
Europe
You might try Sarco I haven’t looked in a while but they a bunch of 98 parts, and at least a few options for commercial Mausers. It’s good luck that it didn’t happen in a buffalo charge.

Thanks. Funnily enough, the part "failed safe" as the bolt was still retained and took dissembly to remove. Think ia just the handle / button that has broken and cartidges were still ejecting.

Sika98k

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Member of
Wild Deer Association of Ireland
Hunted
Kenya,Namibia, Croatia, Morocco Ireland,Scotland,Denmark, Romania, Sweden,Norway,Latvia,Germany,Hungary,
Thanks. Funnily enough, the part "failed safe" as the bolt was still retained and took dissembly to remove. Think ia just the handle / button that has broken and cartidges were still ejecting.
I’ve been racking my brains trying to remember who was very helpful regarding Mauser parts in the U.K. Norman Clark in Rugby. Are they still in business ? Might be worth a phone call.

Scrumbag

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Member of
BASC, SCI
Hunted
Europe
Found a picture, this is what I need

1601270028730.png

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!
laurence burkin wrote on UKHunter's profile.
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.