AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
KZN Hunting Shooting & Conservation
Hunted
South Africa, Zimbabwe, Sweden
I’m flying to Zambia from the UK for work, and I thought if anyone had any questions on the processes involved for an upcoming hunt etc, I might be able to answer any questions.

So far I have had to get a Covid travel certificate (14 days or less prior to arrival) as well as an invitation from the Zambian health ministry (not sure if this applies to tourists), on top of my work permit.

Emirates and Ethiopian are flying into Lusaka.

I will be able to update with more accurate info once I’ve landed and am back in the field camp with WiFi.

I just saw where Emirates had started back. I show Turkish with flights, but not sure if those are real or grounded? Did you see any of their planes on the ground?

I’m flying to Zambia from the UK for work, and I thought if anyone had any questions on the processes involved for an upcoming hunt etc, I might be able to answer any questions.

So far I have had to get a Covid travel certificate (14 days or less prior to arrival) as well as an invitation from the Zambian health ministry (not sure if this applies to tourists), on top of my work permit.

Emirates and Ethiopian are flying into Lusaka.

I will be able to update with more accurate info once I’ve landed and am back in the field camp with WiFi.

Yes at the moment everyone needs a travel clearance letter from ministry of health which has to be attached to your online evisa application. And its 72 hours from arrival not 14 days. It was changed a bit ago.here are photos of client travel clearance letter for next month

IMG-20200923-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20200923-WA0028.jpg

IMG-20200923-WA0024.jpg
IMG-20200923-WA0025.jpg

Last edited:
Update: entering Zambia was a breeze! I had to fill out a health form on the plane before landing (flight number, seat, contact details, destination etc) which was checked at the first station in the airport along with my 72h Covid test certificate. The next station from there is a temp check and hand in your health from. Then it’s on to immigration where passport + invitation letter is cleared. All in all it took 10mins and very stress free.

Good news indeed that it all went smoothly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg