Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape & Kalahari), Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
Has anyone flying out of Atlanta know if there are places at the airport to get a PCR test done? With all these changes, I want to be safe, and have one done just in case. I'm going to look at my local Med Stop and see if they can do it. If anyone has a good lead to where I can get one done at the airport, please let me know. I'm 8 days away. Thank you!

They might not be the cheapest but they understand the process...

Just to let you know, you will need a QR code.

What changes are you referring to ? Is that necessary before entering RSA now ?

I travel the same route early August.

The QR code is only needed on the vacc card. This is what I received from Travel Express:

I have just learned that South Africa will now require a QR code on your COVID vaccine card OR a negative PCR test within 72 hours of departure.

If you don't have a QR code on your COVID-19 vaccine card, and your vaccine provider doesn't offer a certificate with a QR code, you will once again have to test prior to travel. ALL travelers should comply with the new regulations.

My understanding is that applies to traveling under a vaccine rather than a negative covid test. If I'm wrong someone please tell me...
I read on another site where it's required for both from a former DSC president. But, he could be wrong.

I flew into joburg 10 days ago. All I needed was vac card, it has a QR code but they didn’t scan it and the sa health questionnaire. Flying out Friday from Windhoek, joburg, Newark and will advise when I can.

4c09bff5-fb96-4c85-992f-3dc78342ef6a.jpg

Btw I got my leopard. Will do a report when I get back. Safe travels everyone.

How was entry into Namibia? Anyone asking for PCR test if you are vaccinated or any QR codes needed? Thanks

The QR code is only needed on the vacc card. This is what I received from Travel Express:

I have just learned that South Africa will now require a QR code on your COVID vaccine card OR a negative PCR test within 72 hours of departure.

If you don't have a QR code on your COVID-19 vaccine card, and your vaccine provider doesn't offer a certificate with a QR code, you will once again have to test prior to travel. ALL travelers should comply with the new regulations.

When I went last September I got my test at a place in Macon. Had the results emailed back pretty quick. It was some place off of Bass rd

Expresscheck I believe is the name(maybe spelled differently). In the secure area of airport.

For fully vaccinated travelers RSA does not require a negative C19 test. Non vaccinated requires neg C19 test.
Did that flight ATL/JNB April 17, 2022. You do need to complete the SA Health Questionnaire and it will be collected upon arrival in JNB.

Attachments

• ENTRY SCREENING THQ.pdf
    106.3 KB · Views: 58
For fully vaccinated travelers RSA does not require a negative C19 test. Non vaccinated requires neg C19 test.
Did that flight ATL/JNB April 17, 2022. You do need to complete the SA Health Questionnaire and it will be collected upon arrival in JNB.

You are correct sir, that was the case when you flew there in Apr. However, about two weeks ago, SA decided to change the rules again, and now if your Vacc Card doesn't have a QR code, then you have to get a negative COVID test. This is according to my travel agent.

You are correct sir, that was the case when you flew there in Apr. However, about two weeks ago, SA decided to change the rules again, and now if your Vacc Card doesn't have a QR code, then you have to get a negative COVID test. This is according to my travel agent.
Hello my Friend,

A quick reference for me on latest COVID crap is International Air Transport Association (IATA) & COVID Info Hub link, Travel Reg. Map: snap below updated, 17 May.

*Requirement to travel under the Vax: COVID-19 Vac Certificate & atleast 1-dose (low bar LOL but oh well) & *KEY: “The US COVID-19 Vaccination Card IS NOT accepted.” No explanation or details … I’ll assume, the US Vac Card does not have a QR Code & why it is not accepted … but … no mention a QR Code is required? :unsure:

Overcompensating preparation & planning when heading into Africa is NOT a bad thing & an Antigen Test taken at most 48-hrs from 1st Embarkation is accepted & could be easier to find vs PCR.

Happy Trails

D104DA74-F3A9-47B8-9C7E-69E253D5CC6D.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpathianHunters

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!