Reaction score
Website
www.tallyho.co.za
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
SCI, PHASA, SA Wingshooters
FLY CAMP HUNT PACKAGE $2400

At TallyHo we will offer a limited number of these down to earth experiences per season so be sure to book yours now!

This down to earth package has a total, all inclusive cost of $2400-

Rough itinerary (this is an indication and can be easily adapted according to client’s desires):

• Day 1 : Pickup at OR tambo international airport and (depending on arrival time) drive to TallyHo or sleepover at a guesthouse and drive to TallyHo the next morning.
  • Arrival day at TallyHo: get settled in at TallyHo’s lodging facilities, sight the rifles and plan desired species to hunt. Thereafter enjoy cordial lodging, tasteful cuisine and a few drinks before the real adventure begins.
  • Day 2: walk to tent/fly camp, hunting along the way. Upon arrival clients will find their belongings already in camp and will be given the opportunity to get settled in and take in the south African bush surroundings before hunting commences in the afternoon again.
  • Day 3-6: hunting on foot from the tent/fly camp.
  • Day 7: (dependant on departure time) walk back to the lodge where clients can enjoy good lodging and cuisine and can shower before departing for OR tambo international airport.
The idea with this hunt is to get back to nature. Staying in a tent, hunting from camp on foot, all whilst enjoying a few fine luxuries that make the hunt that much more gratifying.

This package deal’s level of basicness is entirely up to the client. We at TallyHo are very flexible and will adapt the package to best fit the clients needs.

Fly camp option can be taken with any combo of animals to hunt

The plan is to stay in a fly camp/tents erected strategically on TallyHo. TallyHo will supply fresh water, ice, drinks and food as needed. Meals can be prepared, in camp, by TallyHo’s resident chef unless otherwise desired. Client will be provided with a long drop or a camping toilet, a basic outdoor shower and supportive beds or stretchers with all linen and bedding.

The package includes the following
  • Pick up and return to JNB int airport, by road
  • 7 or 8 nights accommodation $2400-
  • All meals prepared by our permanent chef (unless otherwise desired)
  • All drinks, including wine, beer, spirits etc.
  • Services of a resident, licensed PH on 1/1 or 2/1 basis, as you request
  • Skinners, trackers, dogs, vehicles for recovery of trophies
  • Raw prep of trophies and delivery to taxidermist of your choice
  • All necessary hunting permits issued by nature conservation
  • Use of 4x4 hunting vehicles
  • Daily laundry

The package excludes the following
  • Accommodation before and/or after the safari
  • Charter flights if required
  • Rental of weapons and cost of ammo if needed
  • Dipping, packaging or any processing of trophies
  • Shipping charges for your trophies to your own country
  • Any international or domestic flights
  • Staff tips & Gratuities
  • Additional hunters can be added at agreed rates
  • Observers can be added at agreed rates
  • Additional animals hunted will be added as per price list or contact me for a package deal

For any other information feel free to contact Stuart – stuart@tallyho.co.za or on (+27)83 266 3245
1606826385189.png
1606826472609.png
1606826919694.png

I like the idea of this very much. Where abouts is your concession, ie what kind of bush?

Hey there

Its on Tallyho closest town Alldays
Far northern limpopo province , south africa

Bush varies from very thick acacias to fairly open grassland and large marula trees
Slightly undulating topography

What an awesome idea, did that in Zim. Perfect for the hunter who is not used to or expects 5 star waiting. Real style safari. Good job, hope someone jumps on this. Now if only this plandemic simmers down and allows us to safari again.

MB

I think that's a pretty good idea and I've suggested to other outfitters that this is a great way to market one's operation.

I guarantee someone has gone to better resorts. Had better fine dining. Had better resort accomodation. Better swimming pools. Etc. etc. So why try to compete?

Versus: I can virtually guarantee this is the most elegant "glamping" a client has had. This is the best camp food anyone has had. Some of the best camping scenery someone has seen. <-- The overall perception of the experience is harder to have a "missfire or Mrs-fire" as the case maybe.

Are the trophy fees included or excluded? What animals may be considered for this deal?
BTW, the idea is great!

In my mind a pre priced list of trophy fees and species available, then walk and hunt daily and see what Africa gives would be great. Of course the PH knowing your wants would enable him to make sure you "walk" the right direction for best chance at those animals. Seams more old style realistic than a set list with 98% success. Leaving camp at dark for a small predator calling excursion would also be a hit with me, but that's just me.

MB

Are the trophy fees included or excluded? What animals may be considered for this deal?
BTW, the idea is great!

Hi there
No trophies included
You welcome to send me a message and i can make a package deal for trophies you would like

You welcome to hunt anything on the price list
Am just working on my 2021 price list will post it shortly

In my mind a pre priced list of trophy fees and species available, then walk and hunt daily and see what Africa gives would be great. Of course the PH knowing your wants would enable him to make sure you "walk" the right direction for best chance at those animals. Seams more old style realistic than a set list with 98% success. Leaving camp at dark for a small predator calling excursion would also be a hit with me, but that's just me.

MB

Thay was really the idea

You welcome to do your buff this way. Or any specie for that matter or even a cull hunt

The idea is the camping part to be back to basics

I think that's a pretty good idea and I've suggested to other outfitters that this is a great way to market one's operation.

I guarantee someone has gone to better resorts. Had better fine dining. Had better resort accomodation. Better swimming pools. Etc. etc. So why try to compete?

Versus: I can virtually guarantee this is the most elegant "glamping" a client has had. This is the best camp food anyone has had. Some of the best camping scenery someone has seen. QUOTE]

You hit the proverbial nail on the head here

Itsmaube something different but something i think most hunters would enjoy

This would be like stepping into history tenting and hearing the game all night! A fun time would be when the impala are mating! They should like a roar! Fun stuff!

This would be like stepping into history tenting and hearing the game all night! A fun time would be when the impala are mating! They should like a roar! Fun stuff!

Nothing better than dreaming that big-5 were circling your tent all night, only to see their prints there in the morning! Flycamp safaris are the penultimate hunting experience!

I heard water running one night right outside my tent. Turns out it was an ellie taking a piss .

Same for me, after wakening to some crazy noise high above the tent I asked the PH (He is a Major Player on AH, hope he is reading this) what the H is that, = bushbabies, next noise was my ele breaking branches yards from cole-man tent. Tally-Ho has an excellent idea, posting on here I do hope many jump at the opportunity. Life time dreams made right there.

I will do again, already have booked hunt when Covid allows. Maybe next time?

MB

One of my best experiences was driving and camping through the bush from Maun to Vic Falls.

Absolutely agree with those posting how enjoyable tent camping is in Africa! All the seemingly infinite variations of unidentifiable and amplified sounds at night- the scampering bush babies overhead in the canopy of a fig tree, the rustles and calls and bird chirps, the saw of a cruising leopard and the whodunit squawks and squeals and squeaks and thumps and thuds and water whistles and distant drums and roars....all and more that just can't be duplicated except in a tent camp in Africa. I've tent camped and "tarped" under a lean-to among some very different critter company in very different places over the years including high density brown bear and black bear country- but nothing is quite like Africa. A lion's roar at close range at night is something everyone should experience! I guarantee it will impress you! Or how quiet an elephant can be if they wish to be while prowling around a camp at night... where all you might hear is their "growling" rumen or grinding molars.... ohhhh my, please don't step on this tent and squash me! :):) Yep, all worth so much more than the price of admission! Sometimes I feel a little sad for those who may never get the chance for these type experiences or maybe worse yet for those who choose not to...

Last edited:
Love this idea! I'd be interested in this as a "pre-big game hunt" for my wife and me. Spending some time to get re acquainted with wild Africa, before going on to a more expensive hunt for Buffalo and/ or Elephant. Kinda like an appetizer before the main course. Since food has already been mentioned, hunting animals that we'd eat in camp would be my focus. What an opportunity!

Dear Stuart,

Great idea.
This is something we must look in to for the visit in 2022.

Brilliant idea this....I woke up to finding leopard tracks 10 - 20 meters from my (canvas walled) hut in Bots...next morning too...from then I slept with my double loaded with two .475NE softs..

A telt camp in the bush should make for fond memories..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg