Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
SCI NRA QDMA NWTF TU DU
Hunted
Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, South Africa, USA, South, Central America & New Zealand
Had another 2 great days of fishing the upper Florida Keys on the Charter boat Jackpot out of Tavernier over the last week of June. For anyone heading down to the Keys for a vacation, I highly recommend booking a day or two fishing with Capt. Lee Robinson on his custom 45' Jackpot.... Capt. Lee is a lifetime keys resident with a wealth of knowledge and experience. The boat itself is roomy, comfortable, and outfitted with the finest tackle available. He and his crew work very hard and will do whatever it takes to produce action for you. Feel free to PM me for his contact information. He also has a FB page Fishing the Jackpot.

Day 1 was spent chasing dolphin, and although they had not yet shown up yet in full force, our diligence paid off finding the birds resulting in a respectable catch and plenty of fillets for a "cook your catch" dinner at Lazy Days..! Day 2 was spent anchored up on the reef blistering a bunch nice sized yellowtail snappers. Dinner on the second day was another "cook your catch" at another of our favorite Keys restaurants called Mrs. Mac's.... Nothing better than a fresh piece of fish cooked Keys style lightly coated in panko bread crumbs, fresh tomato, scallions, shredded Parmesan, and drowned in key-lime butter sauce..! :)

Keys1.jpg
keys7.jpg
keys2.jpg
keys6.jpg
keys9.jpg
keys123.jpg
Jackpot.JPG

If you keep posting fishing threads like this one and your annual trout fishing expeditions out west, we'll have to change the name of the site to U.S.Fishing.com!!!! Hope you are planning another trout trip to Montana and Colorado. Can't wait to see it. Absolutely great threads!!!

If you keep posting fishing threads like this one and your annual trout fishing expeditions out west, we'll have to change the name of the site to U.S.Fishing.com!!!! Hope you are planning another trout trip to Montana and Colorado. Can't wait to see it. Absolutely great threads!!!

We leave for Montana August 19th. I am fishing for the first 2 weeks then heading over to northeastern Wyoming for the archery opener to try again for a deer in velvet. Hopefully that post will include trout and a couple of velvet bucks...!

Lived in Marathon for 2 Years, those are nice sized Yellowtails

Well done!!!!! You drove by where I used to live (Homestead), and I fished and dove off Key Largo and Tavernier many, many times. Wished I've known you were going, I would have suggested stopping by at the Big Chill in Key Largo. Not sure if he owns it or not, but Jimmy Johnson owned it when I was there. Great food and atmosphere!

Wished I've known you were going, I would have suggested stopping by at the Big Chill in Key Largo.

As far as I know, Jimmy still owns it and lives in Key Largo.... It's very popular spot, but it's about 20 miles from where we usually stay in Islamorada. That's a long haul that we try to avoid after having dinner and a couple (4-5) adult beverages. We try and stick to spots that we could stagger home from if need be...

WOW an old man in a boat with a bunch of dolls! I only wish I could get my three generations of blonds into fishing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marplot

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois