Florida Hunter entering new world

Welcome aboard RootballExpress. Dittos on the tell us a little more about yourself as a hunter. Things like what kind and caliber rifles do you own, what have you hunted in the past. Do you have any thoughts or dreams of hunting Africa. Better yet do you have any near term plans for doing so?

Hello all,

I’m glad to have joined AfricaHunting and to read all the information available here. Looking forward to expanding my knowledge of hunting dangerous game in Africa and what supplies I will need to gather in order to be successful in my future adventures.

Hello RootballExpress,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Sorry guys, here is a little more on me.

I have always hunted with .308 and .300 Win Mag calibers and have never needed anything more to take the game provided in Florida, South Georgia, and Alabama. The game I’ve always hunted are the well known whitetail deer and hog. Went on 2 black bear hunts but never did get to see one.

A friend of mine who has been to Africa on 32 separate hunts, has introduced me to a whole new world of hunting styles and types of game. I always knew about Africa, but once I heard about his hunts and seen his videos and trophies, I can’t hardly wait to go myself. My goals at the moment include taking a bull hippo on dry land and taking a Cape buffalo. And I would love to get a shot on them 100 yds or under If possible. To be really close seems like a true thrill, not necessary, but exciting.

I am in the process of waiting for my newly ordered CZ 550 American Safari Magnum .416 Rigby to arrive and for optics I prefer Leupold and will be mounting a VX-6HD 1-6x24mm fireDot illuminated Duplex scope on it. As far as holding a rifle, the CZ 550 series felt really comfortable. I would love to shoot a 500 Nitro Express and dream of owning one down day, preferably a Sabatti EDL Big Five series. I created a thread about this asking for opinions. For a first big game rifle most opted for the .416 vs the 500 NE for a first big bore.

Hello all,

I’m glad to have joined AfricaHunting and to read all the information available here. Looking forward to expanding my knowledge of hunting dangerous game in Africa and what supplies I will need to gather in order to be successful in my future adventures.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH @RootballExpress. Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting!

Welcome to AH and the posting side RootballExpress! This forum has a wealth of information from some extremely knowledgeable folks, enjoy!

Welcome! Lots of information and some great folks here to answer any questions you got!

Welcome to AH. I'm about an hour north of Tampa. If you're in the area would enjoy getting together and talking Africa. John
Where in Florida.....I'm in The Villages. Head to Africa yearly.

Hop aboard This BS train is about to leave the station,LOL

Welcome to AH! It's a great community.

Welcome to AH and the posting side RootballExpress! Nice to have you as part of our community and enjoy the forum.

Welcome to AH! It’s a great place to be.

Welcome to AH

Hi there, i've done Lion, Hippo and my wife buffalo with my Sebatti 416 rigby, all one shot kills, shooting 400gr A Frames.

I have always hunted with .308 and .300 Win Mag calibers and have never needed anything more to take the game provided in Florida, South Georgia, and Alabama. The game I’ve always hunted are the well known whitetail deer and hog. Went on 2 black bear hunts but never did get to see one.

A friend of mine who has been to Africa on 32 separate hunts, has introduced me to a whole new world of hunting styles and types of game. I always knew about Africa, but once I heard about his hunts and seen his videos and trophies, I can’t hardly wait to go myself. My goals at the moment include taking a bull hippo on dry land and taking a Cape buffalo. And I would love to get a shot on them 100 yds or under If possible. To be really close seems like a true thrill, not necessary, but exciting.

I am in the process of waiting for my newly ordered CZ 550 American Safari Magnum .416 Rigby to arrive and for optics I prefer Leupold and will be mounting a VX-6HD 1-6x24mm fireDot illuminated Duplex scope on it. As far as holding a rifle, the CZ 550 series felt really comfortable. I would love to shoot a 500 Nitro Express and dream of owning one down day, preferably a Sabatti EDL Big Five series. I created a thread about this asking for opinions. For a first big game rifle most opted for the .416 vs the 500 NE for a first big bore.

Firstly welcome to AH

CZ550 is a very good gun for Africa. It almost like the Toyota Land Cruiser in Namibia. The action works and the gun works.
Most of all with these hunts you want a gun you trust. And CZ is one you can trust.
The 416 Rigby is a great caliber of the hunt you want to do. Important thing is to take into consideration the type of bullet you will use. I would recommend Barnes TSX or Swift A. They have proven themselves many times in Africa.
Most PH will push as hard as they can to pull you in as close as you can for you to make a good first shot and a clean kill. While keeping everything safe and controlled (as far as they can)
If you have any other questions about hunting in Africa you are more than welcome ask. All of gain knowledge and experience by talking and discussing with each other and are here to help. But sounds like the African Safari bug has already bitten you.

Welcome to AH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hi88vipsite

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg