Since 2016
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
us.leica-camera.com
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Screenshot_2020-07-01 Floating in a sea of green – Roebuck stalking summer 2020.png

Floating in a sea of green – Roebuck stalking summer 2020

by Jonas Norregaard

DSC05626_low-1000x740.jpg

Every year I have a tendency to forget the returning wonders that happens in nature where the roebucks live. And I stalk. Trillions of different variations of the theme green and the overload of life is breathtaking. And yet I let my binos find their focus on everything else than green. My eyes keep searching for reddish brown.

In my opinion the grace of the deer-species the roe deer, this time of year the roebuck

DSC05721-1000x667.jpg

This year has been no different than many others. The weather was tricky in the beginning (16th of May) cold, wet and strong winds made the deer stay put in their green hideouts. But the last couple of weeks has been different, and I have had several close buck encounters. But no really nice shooters has shown up yet.

I hunt with bow AND rifle, depending on mood, terrain and other matters, like if im having my 11 year old son with me.

In that case I bring my rifle since the main purpose of the hunt is on lighting a fire in a young hunters heart and passing on the torch. The chances are better and bigger with a rifle. All about having some meaningful father and son time outdoors far away from digital disturbance and everyday life – in this case trophy sizes does not matter to me. The trophy is the excitement and thrill of a child that experience the nature of a hunt for the first time.

DSC06056-1000x663.jpg

And we had luck. And we had a great experience. A warm and sunny evening not many days ago we managed to harvest a beautiful 4 pointer. We saw him, stalked him and even had time to sit and wait for him to get close enough for a good shot, while whispering words on when and where. My son had decided that this one was the right one from the first time he put the Geovid on it.

When the echo of the shot had died down, I did let my son look at the buck through my Leica Fortis 6 riflescope. The little red dot scanned the beauty a while before we walked towards him.

DSC1376-1000x667.jpg

It tumbled where it stood, and we took our time look touch, and honor the dead roebuck. When the talk ended up in how we would process and enjoy the fresh healthy meat we went home.

DSC8141-Edit-300x260.jpg

My name is Jonas Norregaard. Im am a 47 year old hunter living on the countryside in Denmark. Apart from hunting I do graphic design and photography. Hunting and hunting related stuff take’s me around the world with my bow, rifle and camera. Arctic regions like Greenland and Nunavut, Africa, the US and all over Europe. Coming up New Zealand. Some of the places I travel is remote and the trips are hazardous it puts a stress on men and gear I would not be able to do the things I do in the places I go without the help of beyond good optics like my Fortis scope and my Geovid. I have been through a lot but finally settled with the best.

Keep exploring the seas of green!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GroverGood

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross