AfricaHunting.com

Founder
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.africahunting.com
Media
Articles
You can traverse rough terrain to scope out the Perfect spot at dusk, before dawn and even when it's pitch black outside. You can discover nocturnal animals, find wandering members of your party, locate lost livestock or spot downed game. You can use the Scout PS-Series to help see through light fog, smoke or trail dust. In addition, during day time wildlife spotters can locate animals standing in tall grass or hiding partly behind bushes or trees. For more information click HERE.

The Scout PS-Series fits easily into the palm of your hand, and its simplified operation makes it an ideal choice for sportsmen, hikers, ranchers, rangers, or backyard nature enthusiasts.
- Traverse rough terrain even when it's pitch black outside.
- Spot nocturnal animals, lost livestock, or downed game.
- Locate missing people in adverse conditions...when every minute counts.
- See through light fog, smoke, or trail dust.
- Check out things that go bump in the night and keep your property safe.
- Save money by locating missing insulation, leaky windows, or drafty doors around the house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be interesting to see how far the effective range of this little device is.

I could certainly think of a few blinds in Africa that this could be used in.

Wonder about export restrictions on this little tool?

we have a ps32 and its very good. got it for anti poaching mostly , but its great for checking things/animals at night. its got 3 different settings so you can look with the classic red imaging showing up the hot areas, or you can have the say animal in black with white background or the opposite with white animal and dark background, just depends which is best at the time. it will even pick up foot prints on tiles for a short period , or hand prints on a door, so a good toy!! :D

Thanks Jerome for the post.

Having checked these out prior they are very good and would be wonderful to use in Africa.

I was thinking about taking one next year to go bush pig hunting and looking at taking a porcupine or other small animals that are allowed to be taken.

One (big) issue is we are not able to take night vision technology over seas with out a special permit.

I have seen where these are sold in Africa, however USA residents are not allowed to take (export) one on a trip out side the country. And with the current administration, i am sure a person that is caught would be spending a lot of money on attorney fees and then some jail time on top of it.

THE ULTIMATE PACKAGE: PALM-SIZED POWERFUL THERMAL IMAGING
When you want a thermal camera that's easy to pack, easy to use and delivers a high-quality thermal image that you can
rely on, the FLIR TS-Series of thermal night vision cameras is your ideal choice. Multiple lens and thermal detector options
allow you to customize the right camera for you. Tracking game in a heavily forested area? TS24 lets you see in the dark and
through light foliage and camouflage up to 350 yards out. Monitoring a herd? Perhaps the TS32r Pro is your best option, so
you can observe from more than a half-mile away.

Always consult federal, state, and local laws governing fishing, hunting, and shooting sports prior to the use of this thermal/infrared night
vision camera to ensure full compliance with all appropriate regulations governing sportsman use. State and local laws vary, so regularly
consult those specific to the region of use/activity of interest. Equipment described herein may require US Government authorization for
export purposes. Diversion contrary to US law is prohibited. ?ゥ2012 FLIR Systems, Inc. Specifications are subject to change without notice.
Visit flir.com for the most up-to-date specifications. 071712

we have a ps32 and its very good. got it for anti poaching mostly , but its great for checking things/animals at night. its got 3 different settings so you can look with the classic red imaging showing up the hot areas, or you can have the say animal in black with white background or the opposite with white animal and dark background, just depends which is best at the time. it will even pick up foot prints on tiles for a short period , or hand prints on a door, so a good toy!! :D

What distances are you able to actually see things?

What distances are you able to actually see things?

when i first got it we were looking across the bay towards town and it was showing houses and large things at well over a couple of miles. puku sized animals i would think in clear open areas 400 to 500 yards and then decreasing according to thickness of the bush, variations in temperatures and other variables. in thick long grass which probably is the worst thing to try and "see" through i was picking animals up at 50 yards but didnt get much time playing in that area. when i am back down next month it will be cold at night so it will be interesting to see if it makes a difference in being able to see things with the air and surroundings being cold. i will know more next month after getting to use it more.

when i first got it we were looking across the bay towards town and it was showing houses and large things at well over a couple of miles. puku sized animals i would think in clear open areas 400 to 500 yards and then decreasing according to thickness of the bush, variations in temperatures and other variables. in thick long grass which probably is the worst thing to try and "see" through i was picking animals up at 50 yards but didnt get much time playing in that area. when i am back down next month it will be cold at night so it will be interesting to see if it makes a difference in being able to see things with the air and surroundings being cold. i will know more next month after getting to use it more.

Ship it down to Botswana and I'll give it a work out. I'll leave the report and the FLIR for your arrival. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.