AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
RMEF, QDMA, NWTF
Hunted
USA(AL, CO, KS, MS, MO, NE, SD, TX, WY) Soutb Africa (Free State, Limpopo)
One year ago @LegalEagle and I put down a deposit for our first trip to Africa in 2018. Dates have been finalized and flights booked today. We'll be hunting for 10 days in the Limpopo of South Africa (maybe a few days south of Johanaseburg) with Somerby Safaris. Leave in late June. The boys will have 4 days before the girls arrive.

300 win mags are ready to roar. Our list include the usual plains game suspects with an open mind but a giant kudu bull at the top of the list, night hunting for Jackals and porcupines, and full dose of adventure.

June will be here before we know it.

Good stuff! Congrats and we look forward to the report!

Alright! Now the anticipation will really start to build. Hope you have a great hunt.

Oh and the excitement builds! You’re going to have a grand time and I’d almost bet you’ll be planning your next trip before your feet hit US soil on your return flight!

Congrats, look forward to your report!

The count down really begins.
Have a great time and as always, take those notes and pictures for that hunt report!

Wish you the best !

Good luck and shoot straight. Looking forward to the report.

Good choice of caliber. You want to use premium bullets over there. What animals are on your list?

Good choice of caliber. You want to use premium bullets over there. What animals are on your list?

We'll be using good bullets.

Between the two of us we have interest in most of the common plains game: kudu, eland, waterbuck, blue wildebeest, gemsbok, zebra, Impala, bushbuck, and common duiker are on at least of of our lists. But we'll be rolling what Africa gives us, at least to a extent.

Good hunting! I think Drom will do right by you. Look forward to your hunt report.,

Good Luck! It will be an awesome experience. Save some money for your second trip. :whistle::D

We are 30-days out. The anticipation is getting crazy. Started packing last night.

Oh are you going to have a treat! Excellent list of trophies! I guess all your paperwork is done, 4457, SAPS, passport, shots & yellow card, copies made, etc? Logistics are half the fun.
Can you get GPS coords to look it up on Google Earth? I enjoy that. Still doesn’t help my old head get directions correct in the Southern Hemisphere.
Enjoy and don’t forget some pictures for us stuck here!

Your wait will soon be over. However you can help speed it up by spending several more days at the range shooting off sticks. Then you can post your range results etc. etc. What ammo will you guys be using? "Good bullets" is a vague answer. A very reputable PH suggested that my son use 200 Gr Swift A Frames in his 300 Win. Mag for our hunt in July.

Oh are you going to have a treat! Excellent list of trophies! I guess all your paperwork is done, 4457, SAPS, passport, shots & yellow card, copies made, etc? Logistics are half the fun.
Can you get GPS coords to look it up on Google Earth? I enjoy that. Still doesn’t help my old head get directions correct in the Southern Hemisphere.
Enjoy and don’t forget some pictures for us stuck here!

What's a yellow card? We have the rest completed.

Yep we have locations and have been doing remote scouting.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshleyOyi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg