Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
US and South Africa
Because of @Bob Nelson 35Whelen and @Skinnersblade (you started it ;))

Before my trip to Africa I thought it prudent to at least attempt to get into some semblance of better physical shape. According to my bride, "round" was not the correct shape. I needed to reduce what she referred to as "a bit of a gathering around the waist caused by an excessive and frequent indulgence of fermented beverages." What. Like that sounds better than "beer gut"?!
She thought she'd bring me a bit farther into the tech world with one of those fancy little wrist-worn gadgets that keeps track of your steps, heart rate, and all that "healthy" shhhtuff.

It was the newest latest greatest model that I soon dubbed FitBitch.
I put it on and headed out to pick up a few things at the local fleet store before heading in to work.
I got in the truck and as soon as I sat down it blurted out "Get moving lard ass!". :Bored: What the...?!
It's a 20 minute drive. Every five minutes it would say either that, "Get up lazy ass", or "Time to move Plumpo". Wow, this must be the industrial, personal trainer model. Not nice. Can't find the mute button. Ok so, note to self, don't sit down. Got it.

I made it to the store after being harangued 4 times. This is disturbing.
I was strolling toward the front door checking my list when it squealed "Pick up the pace Porky!" :A Blink:
Unfortunately, while I was staring down at my list I had crept up quite closely behind a very nice older lady who, to put it delicately, was not afraid of a good buffet. The look she gave me would make a man eating crocodile slip back into the water. Yikes. Sorry. Can't find the volume button. Note to self, no strolling. Got it.

Inside now, I scurried to an aisle I believed to hold the caulk and weather stripping I needed. Nope. Appliances. I thought I knew this store. A bit confused, I paused to look up at the signs above the aisles to get directions when it barked out "Get away from the fridge Tubby!" :E Angry:
I'm beginning to think this must have been a special order item. She must really care about me. How sweet.
The rather portly gentleman behind me picking out a refrigerator apparently didn't see it that way. I sidestepped just in time to avoid being impaled by one of the steel fence posts he had in his cart. He must not have needed that one.
This thing might not be as good for my health as she thought. And who buys fence posts and a fridge in the same trip anyway? Not judging. Still no mute or volume button. Grrr. Note to self, no loitering. Got it.

Fitbitch has a special feature in which it will occasionally blurt out very helpful suggestions as you go about your day. Tidbits such as “Keep moving chubby, you’re stiffening up”, “A sloth has more ‘git up and go’ than you”, and “Have you ever seen your toes?”. I was amazed at this little gadget’s ability to incorporate sarcasm and reverse psychology. “You really can’t do this can you?” and “Don’t rush, you’ll probably have a stroke” seemed to be odd encouragement.

I had gathered my items and was the checkout line behind a young family that had obviously been fortunate to have never missed a meal when one of these helpful hints came out.
Their young rotund son was busy carefully selecting his handful of candy bars from the convenient location beside the checkout.
From my wrist came the quaint suggestion, “There is nothing wrong with a salad you know”.

As Papa Bear struggled to get around their loaded down cart, I felt the sudden urge to retreat to a secluded area to find the elusive mute button. Arriving in the deserted tool aisle, I removed the FitBitch to better examine the tiny screen. I thought I saw a tiny dot that appeared to read “mute” but I couldn’t be sure. Another surprising feature it had was upon removal from your wrist, FitBitch would attempt to discourage you from doing so via protests like “ Leave me be you fat bastard”. I was a touch startled by the statement and the amped-up volume with which it was produced. I laid it on the floor and touched the tiny mute button with an eight pound maul. Peace at last.

Upon my return home that evening, my beautiful wife asked about my day with my new helpful friend. As I gave her a handful of plastic pieces I quipped that she might want to check the warranty on this FitBitch.

The doc says I can go home tomorrow and the stitches come out next week. In hindsight, I really should have informed her of my pet name for the device. She couldn't have understood that I had slightly lengthened it’s given name and instead perceived that I had referred to her in a derogatory way.
In her defense, a jar of pickled beets smashed against a cranium looks a whole lot worse than it is. I’m going to have to be extra nice for awhile after I go bail her out of jail. Maybe she’ll have a little mercy...I’m the one who will have trouble getting through airports for the rest of my life. And I dropped the charges. That wasn't me anyway, I was unconscious. Maybe this steel plate in my head could come in handy someday.

I hope she understands. The prospect of being slowly poisoned to death over the next couple of years isn’t very endearing.

In conclusion, I can not recommend this product.

Before my trip to Africa I thought it prudent to at least attempt to get into some semblance of better physical shape. According to my bride, "round" was not the correct shape. I needed to reduce what she referred to as "a bit of a gathering around the waist caused by an excessive and frequent indulgence of fermented beverages." What. Like that sounds better than "beer gut"?!
She thought she'd bring me a bit farther into the tech world with one of those fancy little wrist-worn gadgets that keeps track of your steps, heart rate, and all that "healthy" shhhtuff.

I put it on and headed out to pick up a few things at the local fleet store before heading in to work.
I got in the truck and as soon as I sat down it blurted out "Get moving lard ass!". :Bored: What the...?!
It's a 20 minute drive. Every five minutes it would say either that, "Get up lazy ass", or "Time to move Plumpo". Wow, this must be the industrial, personal trainer model. Not nice. Can't find the mute button. Ok so, note to self, don't sit down. Got it.

I was strolling toward the front door checking my list when it squealed "Pick up the pace Porky!" :A Blink:
Unfortunately, while I was staring down at my list I had crept up quite closely behind a very nice older lady who, to put it delicately, was not afraid of a good buffet. The look she gave me would make a man eating crocodile slip back into the water. Yikes. Sorry. Can't find the volume button. Note to self, no strolling. Got it.

Inside now, I scurried to an aisle I believed to hold the caulk and weather stripping I needed. Nope. Appliances. I thought I knew this store. A bit confused, I paused to look up at the signs above the aisles to get directions when it barked out "Get away from the fridge Tubby!" :E Angry:
I'm beginning to think this must have been a special order item. She must really care about me. How sweet.
The rather portly gentleman behind me picking out a refrigerator apparently didn't see it that way. I sidestepped just in time to avoid being impaled by one of the steel fence posts he had in his cart. He must not have needed that one.
This thing might not be as good for my health as she thought. And who buys fence posts and a fridge in the same trip anyway? Not judging. Still no mute or volume button. Grrr. Note to self, no loitering. Got it.

Fitbitch has a special feature in which it will occasionally blurt out very helpful suggestions as you go about your day. Tidbits such as “Keep moving chubby, you’re stiffening up”, “A sloth has more ‘git up and go’ than you”, and “Have you ever seen your toes?”. I was amazed at this little gadget’s ability to incorporate sarcasm and reverse psychology. “You really can’t do this can you?” and “Don’t rush, you’ll probably have a stroke” seemed to be odd encouragement.

I had gathered my items and was the checkout line behind a young family that had obviously been fortunate to have never missed a meal when one of these helpful hints came out.
Their young rotund son was busy carefully selecting his handful of candy bars from the convenient location beside the checkout.
From my wrist came the quaint suggestion, “There is nothing wrong with a salad you know”.

As Papa Bear struggled to get around their loaded down cart, I felt the sudden urge to retreat to a secluded area to find the elusive mute button. Arriving in the deserted tool aisle, I removed the FitBitch to better examine the tiny screen. I thought I saw a tiny dot that appeared to read “mute” but I couldn’t be sure. Another surprising feature it had was upon removal from your wrist, FitBitch would attempt to discourage you from doing so via protests like “ Leave me be you fat bastard”. I was a touch startled by the statement and the amped-up volume with which it was produced. I laid it on the floor and touched the tiny mute button with an eight pound maul. Peace at last.

Upon my return home that evening, my beautiful wife asked about my day with my new helpful friend. As I gave her a handful of plastic pieces I quipped that she might want to check the warranty on this FitBitch.

The doc says I can go home tomorrow and the stitches come out next week. In hindsight, I really should have informed her of my pet name for the device. She couldn't have understood that I had slightly lengthened it’s given name and instead perceived that I had referred to her in a derogatory way.
In her defense, a jar of pickled beets smashed against a cranium looks a whole lot worse than it is. I’m going to have to be extra nice for awhile after I go bail her out of jail. Maybe she’ll have a little mercy...I’m the one who will have trouble getting through airports for the rest of my life. And I dropped the charges. That wasn't me anyway, I was unconscious. Maybe this steel plate in my head could come in handy someday.

I hope she understands. The prospect of being slowly poisoned to death over the next couple of years isn’t very endearing.

Now that's hilarious. LMAO.

You only think you are fat, when it reality:

I'm not fat. Just pleasingly plump.

They call 'em love handles for a reason.

It's not fat. It's internal human insulation to fend off the winters cold, and doubles as extra personal flotation during the summer when in the water.

Last edited:

@Randy F
Mate you should try my strict exersize program. It consists of sit ups and bilateral bicep curls.
I sit up to get out of bed ( start of sit up)
Drink first coffee left handed and second coffee right handed. (Bilateral biceps curl) this may be repeated during the day with various beverages eg rum, beer or alcohol of choice.

When you got to bed complete sit up started earlier by laying down.

My wife says I get enough exersize running off at the mouth and jumping to conclusions but she still loves me.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::A Stars::A Stars::D Beers::A Surrender:

Africa hunting is a walk in the park compared to Scottish highlands. Then you had better get in proper shape - up a mountain followed by leopard crawl is SAS stuff. They should plant some bushes up there!

Africa hunting is a walk in the park compared to Scottish highlands. Then you had better get in proper shape - up a mountain followed by leopard crawl is SAS stuff. They should plant some bushes up there!
What do you hunt in Scotland? That sounds interesting.
Actually just being there sounds interesting.

Only done it once so far, a red deer stag. It is quite a challenge, you need special boots, I got some Dodito's. It is the whole experience that makes it so special, staying in an old comfortable country lodge with log fires, excellent food, great Scotch whiskey. There is also a lot of decorum, you wear a tie and dress properly, even on the hunt itself, I like that. For sure Ill be going back to do the grouse and pheasant shoots, this time we will travel from London to the Highlands via train, Royal Scotsman. Booked on the Highland Express last time, but it was cancelled due to a strike!

Only done it once so far, a red deer stag. It is quite a challenge, you need special boots, I got some Dodito's. It is the whole experience that makes it so special, staying in an old comfortable country lodge with log fires, excellent food, great Scotch whiskey. There is also a lot of decorum, you wear a tie and dress properly, even on the hunt itself, I like that. For sure Ill be going back to do the grouse and pheasant shoots, this time we will travel from London to the Highlands via train, Royal Scotsman. Booked on the Highland Express last time, but it was cancelled due to a strike!
Wow that sounds amazing! I’d actually have to buy a tie though. Lol

Do you have any photos of the Red Stag?

He was just a little 6 pointer, but I wasn't going to climb that mountain again!

A6257A34-889D-4D7A-995C-628768632DED.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
:E Head Scratch:
@Skinnersblade
I didn't start this one but hey it's funny.
What exersize do you do?
Bob

I went for a nice long jog this morning chasing a cripple goose does that count? for the record he outrun me to bushes. In my defence he had half a field lengths head start but that’s probably on fair considering his legs are 10” long and he’d been shot. I was so distraught about loosing the race I shot him again...
3B387CE1-EBD1-41E0-AE1E-DC83EDE88F88.jpeg
0DD182D1-D736-4480-B61C-975300799957.jpeg

I went for a nice long jog this morning chasing a cripple goose does that count? for the record he outrun me to bushes. In my defence he had half a field lengths head start but that’s probably on fair considering his legs are 10” long and he’d been shot. I was so distraught about loosing the race I shot him again...
View attachment 367384View attachment 367385
Of course it counts. You always go faster when you get “goosed”. :oops:

View attachment 367384View attachment 367385
@Skinnersblade If'n a goose with 10 inch legs can out run you maybe you should try my program. Doesn't make you any fitter but it is low impact and doesn't strain the joints.
Maybe you, @Randy F and myself could do a few bilateral bicep curls via zoom with some alcohol of choice.
Bob.:A Banana::A Gathering::D Beers::A Stirring:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryellenD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you