Fishing Addiction Group

Back when I was a kid in Minnesota, Grandma would make up Beer batter, Walleye and Pike fillets. I miss those fishing trips.

Love to eat walleye just not very good at catching them here in Kansas

@lwaters - what do you catch in Kansas? I’ve fished Oklahoma and got heaps of various panfish, small bass and one channel cat. Loved it all though!

Edit: if anyone wants a blast on the sunfish/panfish species go to Walmart and buy some of those Bitsy Minnow lures. I’ve had a lot of fun with them on light tackle (4lb line etc).

5F519C08-95EF-4122-A6C9-FFF1A3174E66.jpeg
3F58BF82-189D-4634-BFDA-C4E5EF5D262E.jpeg
BC09545C-D393-48FA-A5CD-6AB44DFD886F.jpeg
Work has put a bit of a slowdown on my fishing, but we managed to raise 5 marlin last week and landed 3 .

Will post some photos and a video.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a hell of a fish.

Nice fish! Where are you fishing and what's the boat's name?

Here's a nice, but unfortunately over-slot snook, from last week out of North Miami Beach.

IMG_3416.jpg

AB0CEA70-484D-4F4A-ADFB-BEBF61095463.jpeg
First trip of the year for us. The fish were not where they should have been and the water was cleared than I have ever seen on this lake could easily see 15 feet.

Did manage this one really nice slab and a few white bass

Nice crappy!!

I just added these to a different thread. Figured they might fit in here as well.

Top photo was from 1968, in Kenya.

Second photo is from 1975, in Mazatlan Mexico.

full

full

I'm not a very enthusiastic fly fisherman but every year I make a trip out to the Kimberly, B.C. area to visit my best friend of 42 years. He loves casting a fly so I struggle through it. This trip we fished a river for cutthroat and I managed to land a couple.
IMG_3272.JPG

The next day we fished a lake for rainbows. Enjoyed this more as we trolled flies on sinking line and could relax more and enjoy the scenery. Again managed to catch a couple.
IMG_3262.JPG

Hoping to get out there this winter to try them through the ice!

Not exactly a trophy pic, but the attached photo of my fishing trip to Ireland in 2014 is a personal favourite of mine, terrible trousers aside.

It was taken on a tiny little lough, no more than 75m across in the hills above Lough Corrib. We walked 6 miles to it cross country on the word of our local guide on blind hope, it was so secluded it didn't even show on the map. I doubt anyone had fished it in years and for that matter I doubt anyone has been back since. The fish weren't monstrous, but they were hungry, and there's something strangely primal in casting a line over virgin water containing fish who've likely never encountered an angler before.

I fished with dry flies, mostly mayfly patterns and a slightly bedraggled yellow daddy longleg monstrosity my friend had tied up the night before, and got about 15 dinky little trout and one better one of about 1 lb, who we cooked and ate there and then on the bank.

Flyfishing 01.jpg

I brought a fly rod on my recent dall sheep hunt in Alaska - we came across an alpine lake loaded with dolly varden. What they lacked in size they made up for in abundance and aggressiveness!
20190826_170522.jpeg
20190826_132302.jpeg

65169549-EE96-470E-ADC4-46008E527959.jpeg

Pretty good day out of Freeport, Tx. Kings, a few dorado and some B-liners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaI60135

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!