Fishing Addiction Group

Back when I was a kid in Minnesota, Grandma would make up Beer batter, Walleye and Pike fillets. I miss those fishing trips.

Love to eat walleye just not very good at catching them here in Kansas

@lwaters - what do you catch in Kansas? I’ve fished Oklahoma and got heaps of various panfish, small bass and one channel cat. Loved it all though!

Edit: if anyone wants a blast on the sunfish/panfish species go to Walmart and buy some of those Bitsy Minnow lures. I’ve had a lot of fun with them on light tackle (4lb line etc).

5F519C08-95EF-4122-A6C9-FFF1A3174E66.jpeg
3F58BF82-189D-4634-BFDA-C4E5EF5D262E.jpeg
BC09545C-D393-48FA-A5CD-6AB44DFD886F.jpeg
Work has put a bit of a slowdown on my fishing, but we managed to raise 5 marlin last week and landed 3 .

Will post some photos and a video.

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s a hell of a fish.

Nice fish! Where are you fishing and what's the boat's name?

Here's a nice, but unfortunately over-slot snook, from last week out of North Miami Beach.

IMG_3416.jpg

AB0CEA70-484D-4F4A-ADFB-BEBF61095463.jpeg
First trip of the year for us. The fish were not where they should have been and the water was cleared than I have ever seen on this lake could easily see 15 feet.

Did manage this one really nice slab and a few white bass

Nice crappy!!

I just added these to a different thread. Figured they might fit in here as well.

Top photo was from 1968, in Kenya.

Second photo is from 1975, in Mazatlan Mexico.

full

full

I'm not a very enthusiastic fly fisherman but every year I make a trip out to the Kimberly, B.C. area to visit my best friend of 42 years. He loves casting a fly so I struggle through it. This trip we fished a river for cutthroat and I managed to land a couple.
IMG_3272.JPG

The next day we fished a lake for rainbows. Enjoyed this more as we trolled flies on sinking line and could relax more and enjoy the scenery. Again managed to catch a couple.
IMG_3262.JPG

Hoping to get out there this winter to try them through the ice!

Not exactly a trophy pic, but the attached photo of my fishing trip to Ireland in 2014 is a personal favourite of mine, terrible trousers aside.

It was taken on a tiny little lough, no more than 75m across in the hills above Lough Corrib. We walked 6 miles to it cross country on the word of our local guide on blind hope, it was so secluded it didn't even show on the map. I doubt anyone had fished it in years and for that matter I doubt anyone has been back since. The fish weren't monstrous, but they were hungry, and there's something strangely primal in casting a line over virgin water containing fish who've likely never encountered an angler before.

I fished with dry flies, mostly mayfly patterns and a slightly bedraggled yellow daddy longleg monstrosity my friend had tied up the night before, and got about 15 dinky little trout and one better one of about 1 lb, who we cooked and ate there and then on the bank.

Flyfishing 01.jpg

I brought a fly rod on my recent dall sheep hunt in Alaska - we came across an alpine lake loaded with dolly varden. What they lacked in size they made up for in abundance and aggressiveness!
20190826_170522.jpeg
20190826_132302.jpeg

65169549-EE96-470E-ADC4-46008E527959.jpeg

Pretty good day out of Freeport, Tx. Kings, a few dorado and some B-liners.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,