Fishing Addiction Group

Powell is at an all time low (historical drought, demand on the water itself etc) not sure how the fishing is-I suspect still good but access to some of the lake is limited. The spring large and smallmouth fishing was awesome past couple years as well as the stripers

Last post of the 2021/2022 season as today is the last day. We headed out on March 25 for one last kick at the can. Fishing was pretty slow but we managed to ice seven perch and a couple of pike. Interestingly one of the pike had a tag on it. I’d never caught a tagged fish before. I sent the ID number to the email address on the tag and was surprised to get a reply within a couple days. The biologist said that this fish was tagged on January 19, 2021 and was in very good condition. It was in pretty bad shape when I caught it however. Anyway it was a nice day on the ice. Now to wait for open water in May!
D32D98BA-7DD0-4DAF-8968-D5B6ECF468E8.jpeg

30207FD1-EA3B-4495-BFBA-5B4D713FB9F8.jpeg

C54B9ED5-884D-461A-BECD-D306834FC640.jpeg

C0C976CE-75E6-436B-9C0E-E78C02A7E500.jpeg

8C37EF13-28AE-4351-B6F8-CB37AAA42A10.png

0E065193-B1D8-48ED-940E-F3F9F2A79999.jpeg

Last post of the 2021/2022 season as today is the last day. We headed out on March 25 for one last kick at the can. Fishing was pretty slow but we managed to ice seven perch and a couple of pike. Interestingly one of the pike had a tag on it. I’d never caught a tagged fish before. I sent the ID number to the email address on the tag and was surprised to get a reply within a couple days. The biologist said that this fish was tagged on January 19, 2021 and was in very good condition. It was in pretty bad shape when I caught it however. Anyway it was a nice day on the ice. Now to wait for open water in May!
View attachment 459837
View attachment 459838
View attachment 459839
View attachment 459840
View attachment 459841
View attachment 459842
Heh @Ragman, I welded up a short 3.5" high frame out of aluminum and mounted an old pair of shortened skis to it. Pulls effortlessly especially if there is snow on the ice.

Heh @Ragman, I welded up a short 3.5" high frame out of aluminum and mounted an old pair of shortened skis to it. Pulls effortlessly especially if there is snow on the ice.
95% of the winter I don’t need to pull the sled on the ice. We just drive on. We just need to walk on at the beginning when the ice is still too thin to drive on and then at the end when the ice is too rotten. It slides pretty easy then. If I lived where it’s not safe to drive, I’d sure try yours.

The season of 2021/2022 was very good for us, some great examples of Tiger fish taken, some for the first time to catch a Tiger Fish.
Water is dirty now between the Luangwa flowing in as well as the end of the local rain season with other/local rivers contributing.
Lake levels are at a good high so hopefully some great quality waters for after winter.
Fishing is just not fishing here without a few Crocs in the mix.

IMG-20220502-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20220502-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20220502-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20220502-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20220502-WA0006.jpg
IMG-20220502-WA0007 (1).jpg
IMG-20220502-WA0008.jpg

Sorry Phil, I don't have those details anymore, lost on my phone. Big old boy that's for sure.
Thank you Moz, just a curiosity
My guess is 5.5mt +
Anyway is super
For what I know, one of the most difficult shot of them all
My congrats, it's huge

7 ft alligator gar. Trinity River in Texas

Used to catch those back in the day in college. Real hoot! They are alive & well in the Trinity south of Dallas!

Are those European pike or did you make a trip to Canada? Those are some big gators!
Thank you Ragman! They are Irish pikes. Ireland has a special place in my heart because as a schoolchild, I used to spend summer in Ireland, in College - was very funny, not hard time at all. Still considering Ireland a second home, I often go there for fishing, or just to visit friends. It's a magic place indeed. But, I have to say, here in Italy we have even bigger pikes, in the lakes around Rome, like Bracciano, and in the North, too. The problem with our lakes, is that they are in general "volkanic" lakes, very, very deep, and with a "cone" shape - so they are pretty difficult to fish. Irish lakes are more shallow, so they are perfect to fish in.
This summer I will be on Lough (Lake) Derg, casting for 'gators' pikes...

Love the brookie’s, but fav is still walleye, especially if it cooked over an open fire for shore lunch! YUM YUM!
Hard to beat the walleye for table-fare that's for sure. Perch are just as good but takes more to make a meal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross