First time Trip to RSA

jamesm029

Reaction score
Deals & offers
Hunted
canada and usa
Hello,

I have started to research and plan a trip for Plains game, I hope to go next year between June-August 2014. My target species would be in order of priority:
1-Kudu
2-Gemsbok
3-Impala common
4-Zebra
5-Blesbok Common
6-Springbok

I would be coming from Canada through Germany then on South Africa, I am considering the Port Elizabeth Area and would prefer A Safari Outfitter than has a dedicated lodge and a large amount of land to hunt near that lodge in one area. I do not really want to drive from farm to farm ,having to getting out quickly to shoot. I tend to like to walk and stalk and really hate hunting out of a vehicle. Don't get me wrong I do not mind driving to an area I just do not want to spend the whole day driving especially after sitting on a plane for 2 days.

I will be looking for a package all inclusive type hunt and would want to be one on one with a PH. I am looking for suggestions for outfitters that some of you have actually hunted with in this area near Port Elizabeth. If you think this area does not fit my criteria then please suggest other areas.

Thanks

James

Hi James

Look like you have set out the way you want the hunt to be conducted very clearly. I am sure one of the outfitters on here that operate in that area will be able to supply you with a good deal.

Best Regards

Welcome to AH James I'll send you a PM. Bob
Hello,

I have started to research and plan a trip for Plains game, I hope to go next year between June-August 2014. My target species would be in order of priority:
1-Kudu
2-Gemsbok
3-Impala common
4-Zebra
5-Blesbok Common
6-Springbok

I would be coming from Canada through Germany then on South Africa, I am considering the Port Elizabeth Area and would prefer A Safari Outfitter than has a dedicated lodge and a large amount of land to hunt near that lodge in one area. I do not really want to drive from farm to farm ,having to getting out quickly to shoot. I tend to like to walk and stalk and really hate hunting out of a vehicle. Don't get me wrong I do not mind driving to an area I just do not want to spend the whole day driving especially after sitting on a plane for 2 days.

I will be looking for a package all inclusive type hunt and would want to be one on one with a PH. I am looking for suggestions for outfitters that some of you have actually hunted with in this area near Port Elizabeth. If you think this area does not fit my criteria then please suggest other areas.

Thanks

James

Welcome to AH, James !

Welcome to AH James.

Good luck with your preparations.

welcome to ah.

nice safari package you are looking for.

Thanks,

I am very excited about going and I will most certainly be researching and checking references. Kudu , Gemsbok and Impala are my main focus the others would be gravy. As mentioned I am hoping to find an outfitter with lots of land available so it is more of a fair chase, as opposed to shooting an animal in a small confined space. I also love walking and hiking to get an animal and work hard to get what I am looking for, I am fit and like the exercise. This trip is as much about seeing lots of other animals, new scenery, enjoying good company and the country its people and customs as it is about the hunting. I do not want to just shoot a bunch of random animals that are lined up. I also tend to stick to places I like so if I find one I tend to go back. I also realize that when hunting sometimes a species not targeted shows up and its too good to pass so I am a go with the flow type of hunter, I also never take a shot unless I have a good shot and a steady rest. I am also looking forward to eating wild game every days and tasting some new venison.

..:welcome:..to AH. Nothing compares to walk and stalk hunting. Enjoy the planning.

Welcome to AH James!

I have a similar trip planned for 2014. There are several solid outfitters on here. I am sure you will find a great fit. I think you biggest problem is going to be which to pick. Good luck.

Brad

The animals on your list could also be found in Namibia. Several very good choices there to look at. Good luck on your hunt. Half the fun is in the planning. Bruce

Hi James,

Welcome to AH, i work with some great outfitters in the cape and could provide you with all the references you would like. please drop me a PM with your email and I'll send you additional information as well as references. *** One note there are some new regulations for transiting via Germany with firearms, please make sure your travel agent is aware of them.

My daughter and I hunted in the area you want with a fantastic outfitter/PH/land owner this year. It is a very large place with no internal fencing. It is all spot and stalk and no shooting from the truck. Many excellent animals. Super people. Prices less than most others. The land owner and son do the guiding. No large numbers of people while you are there. They hunt all day with a nice lunch in the field.
I did allot(3 years) of research before picking them and I made the right choice. Two other outfits we went by while there I had considered and I am glad I passed on them.
Another thing I liked was when you book a 5-7-10 day hunt that is 5-7-10 FULL days of hunting and you need to add one day before and one after for ariving/leaving which is NO COST unlike most others. Others a 7day hunt is really only a 5 day hunt when you acount for ariving/leaving.
They will pick you up at the airport(Port Elizabeth) and return you at no charge also.
If you go be sure to take time to go to the Cheeta Research/Breeding place on the way to their place. It is on the main road.
The outfit is Iliwa Safaris. If you contact them tell them Doug and Kelli Thomas said hi. They now have a Facebook page and some of our animals are on it.
If you would like to talk or any info I learned feel free to contact me by PM or at BVN - BigValley Internet Service Provider Be sure to put Africa in the subject line so I do not delete it as spam.
I do not get anything for this. I just got the best bang for my buck and would like to see others do the same.

James, Welcome to AH and a fellow Canadian. I hunted last year in the PE area and had a great hunt with KMG Safaris (well represented on here). I had a 1x1 hunt and lots of stalking and hunted Kudu, Impala, Bontebok, Springbuck, Zebra and Warthog. I would definitely check them out and the link to their website is on AH. Feel free to PM me with any questions and good luck with the planning.

Hello,

1-Kudu
2-Gemsbok
3-Impala common
4-Zebra
5-Blesbok Common
6-Springbok

Thanks

James

Hi James

Be on the lookout for my PM! We can definitely work something out for you as we are only 1 hour's drive from Port Elizabeth. Loodt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross