First time starts tomorrow!

have a fantastic time!!

Good luck buddy!!!! Hope it’s a blast for you!!!!

As an avid wildlife photographer and hunter, I found when I went to Africa the first time being really torn between focusing on the camera or the gun. For me, it was difficult to do both at the same time.
I always want to be hunting, but then I always want to be photographing as well.
So, most all of my photographs the first time were between spot and stalks when I did not have the rifle in hand. Dilemmas, dilemmas!
I solved that problem by taking my nephew. He had a new camera to test out, and took several hundred photos, including some of the stalk and shooting which the PH and I would otherwise never have been able to take. Worked out great for all of us.

OP: Would your wife be willing to work the camera while you're busy on the stalk and on the sticks? Good luck with the safari!

Have an awesome hunt! We will be living vicariously through your adventure!

Best of luck, safe travels and have a fun time. Namibia is a really awesome place that creeps into your heart and for ever stays there. Enjoy the Windhoek Lager or Tafel Lager.
Hope you have the time to stop at Joe's Beerhouse in Windhoek.
All the best to you and your Wife

Safe travels and enjoy every moment of the hunt! You will be making memories for a lifetime!

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures!

Very happy for you, we went to Namibia last year and will be going back next year. Enjoy every minute you are in to a treat of an adventure.

I solved that problem by taking my nephew. He had a new camera to test out, and took several hundred photos, including some of the stalk and shooting which the PH and I would otherwise never have been able to take. Worked out great for all of us.

OP: Would your wife be willing to work the camera while you're busy on the stalk and on the sticks? Good luck with the safari!
She could probably work the camera if I set everything on auto so all she would have to do is focus on composition. I may give that a try rather than her just having her little point and shoot with her.

Try Joe's Beer house in Windhoek. Awesome place, its been there forever. Quite the experience.

Hello all,

My wife and I are getting on a plane tomorrow for our first safari. Destination: Namibia.
I want to take this space to thank all of you for the information I have found here. Absolutely invaluable!

A special shout out to @CAustin, @Andrewshort, @Tra3, and many, many others too numerous to name. I will try to make update posts as the fun continues. Thanks to you all!

Good Shooting!!!
Hope you and your wife have a great time!

Ok John did you make it there!? Fill us in buddy

Rule 1: Have fun.
Rule 2: See Rule number 1.

Have a safe trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ara6336349

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you