AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI, NRA
Hunted
South Africa, Botswana, USA, Pennsylvania, Texas, Wyoming, Montana, Maryland, New Mexico, Utah.
This year’s trip will be the first time bringing my 14 & 10 year old boys as well as my wife that does not hunt to South Africa with Cruiser Safari's. My sons have been hunting since they were able to come with me (that was as soon as diapers were not necessary). My oldest has hunted Wyoming, Montana, Pennsylvania & of course the Lone Star state, my youngest has hunted our home state of Texas. They have a few trophies to their credit. The reason I chose Cruiser Safari’s is that I have hunted with them before and am familiar with their outfit. Pieter Lamprecht and his crew do a good solid job of making clients feel at home and my hope is that this time will be no different. I booked the first night in Joburg with the Afton Guest House which I’ve had great experiences with in the past. I am bringing birth certificates as I have seen others need them for their kids. Any input is welcome as this is the first time I am not solo. Side trips are something I have never done so I have no real knowledge of what might even be available to do in Limpopo.

I did the same thing in 2017 with my four children ages 9,11,14 and 17 along with my wife. If both parents are present, you are not supposed to need birth certificates, but, it is Africa...
Have a great time! We sat blinds for the girls but otherwise we hunted as we did as adults! Have a great time! There is an elephant refuge near Polokwane that was fantastic!

I did the same thing in 2017 with my four children ages 9,11,14 and 17 along with my wife. If both parents are present, you are not supposed to need birth certificates, but, it is Africa...
Have a great time! We sat blinds for the girls but otherwise we hunted as we did as adults! Have a great time! There is an elephant refuge near Polokwane that was fantastic!
Thanks for the info. I may sit a blind for my little guy.

I just went with my 14 year old. I had brought a birth certificate and a affidavit being he was traveling with just me. I was never asked for any of that but was better safe to have it. We hunted safari still the whole time and he had a blast. Took 4 animals and all one shot with less than 5 yards of tracking. It was a blast seeing him get to experience a trip like this.

I just went with my 14 year old. I had brought a birth certificate and a affidavit being he was traveling with just me. I was never asked for any of that but was better safe to have it. We hunted safari still the whole time and he had a blast. Took 4 animals and all one shot with less than 5 yards of tracking. It was a blast seeing him get to experience a trip like this.
I’m hopeful for the same experience!

Birth certificates is a requirement on entry into SA, the affidavit is needed only if a child is travelling with one parent..(recently at OR Tambo in Jhb, I was asked for BC and affidavit for 13 year old son as my wife was not with us)

Other then the airport, you shouldn't need to be carrying it around at all.
With all the restrictions around covid recently lifted, airport should be a breeze.

Travel safe and Enjoy

I took my son last year to rsa. He was 13 at the time. Traveled from LAX TO GERMANY TO JBERG TO PORT ELIZABETH THEN FROM CAPE TOWN BACK. I was at the bank getting everything notarized for two hours???? Embassy documents to copies of medical and passports. I had an awesome book!!! Not one agent ever asked to see anything I had. Not one. I was so disappointed!!!!!
They just wanted to see our passport’s and negative Covid test?

I got all the requirements for proper documentation from the rsa embassy website as well as travel express. Also from articles here too. Like I said, I had copies of everything and notarized too.
I think I was more scared of my wife than anything else!!!!

I also bought military grade rescue insurance as it was very cheap, made my wife very happy to have ex- vets jet us back to safety.

I hope it is smooth. I anticipate it will be. Hopefully my wife enjoys some aspects of the trip. My kids will love it. They’ve wanted to come with me every time.

My wife is a none hunter. I bought her a great camera and she took 3000 pictures. She loved it. We toured Kruger for three days after the hunt, went to an elephant park, etc. It’s fun for the whole family. I as asked for birth certificate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross