First range trip .375 Zastava

Reaction score
Media
IMG_0411.JPG
IMG_0409.JPG
IMG_0410.JPG

Had the opportunity to sight in my .375 today rifle is a model 70 zastava lh with 1.5-4 leupold scope. Ammunition federal blue box .270 grain.

The last five made a nice group next to the circle. Unfortunately I ran out of shells before I could get it centred.

As soon as my dies come in I plan to finish sighting in, i was able to pick up 50 Barnes flsp. .255 grain and a pound of rl15.

Anyone with experience running fnsp please chime in, I realize there intended for use in .375 Winchester but at present there all I could get.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your set up.
The best thing about being a lefty is having no (or at least the smaller) scope turret near the loading gate.
Makes shoving in a fresh cartridge much easier, not to mention the extraction.
Ask @TOBY458 how important this is.

Nice shooting.
Let us know how the second range trip goes.

I like your set up.
The best thing about being a lefty is having no (or at least the smaller) scope turret near the loading gate.
Makes shoving in a fresh cartridge much easier, not to mention the extraction.
Ask @TOBY458 how important this is.

Nice shooting.
Let us know how the second range trip goes.

Thanks it will most likely be a month a minimum away , I can't find anymore shells to buy and my gun smith figured atleast three weeks for a set of dies.

Thanks it will most likely be a month a minimum away , I can't find anymore shells to buy and my gun smith figured atleast three weeks for a set of dies.
I know you are in Canada...
Is there some requirement that you go through a gunsmith to order dies?
You can have that to your place lickity-split from MidwayUSA for $40 USD.

I know you are in Canada...
Is there some requirement that you go through a gunsmith to order dies?
You can have that to your place lickity-split from MidwayUSA for $40 USD.

I dont deal with credit cards or do buisness online, a woman I trusted damn near bankrupted father and I that way. took me damned near five years to straighten us both back out. My smith will order for me and I pay him cash.

I dont deal with credit cards or do buisness online, a woman I trusted damn near bankrupted father and I that way. took me damned near five years to straighten us both back out. My smith will order for me and I pay him cash.
Fair enough.
Is there a reason your gunsmith can not order from them?
Just trying to get you some supplies on a quicker timeline...:D

Fair enough.
Is there a reason your gunsmith can not order from them?
Just trying to get you some supplies on a quicker timeline...:D

He ordered from one of the major suppliers, generally it would of only taken a week to get but according to his supplier everything shipped across the boarder from them is now subject to search because customs doesn't know what to do with these new laws either. Apparently they look up every product to insure it isn't banned.

Looking good so far

:):) Oh yes! quite the series! I think there were 6 episodes? and they seemed to get goofier and funnier and better as they went along and the characters developed. Those episodes spanned a lot of years too. Just watched one last night where they set off Gummer's entire stash of explosives to kill a bunch of screechers trapped in the barn- 2000+ lbs I think. Big boom! Like Gummer, I too like the HK-91 :)

Congrats on shooting your new rifle! I have a couple of boxes of Federal and Remington 270gr Soft Points that I have shot out of my .375 Whitworth with open sights. They’re accurate at 50yds and I wouldn’t hesitate using them for hunting elk. Remember, the rnsp were the original bullets in MANY calibers and at shorter distances, I think they would work just fine?

He was the crazy army guy, I liked him.
Married to Reba McEntire (in the first movie), what a redneck redhead catch! The writers made them divorce before the second movie, no way any of the sequels had any budget to cast her again.

Nice shooting looks like it is getting nicely together.

Incidentlayy my brother who works as a rope acess rigger worked on one of the Tremor movies the one shot in Africa.
He had a lot of fun with the crowd in the movie all good guys his name is on the Credit Crawls at the end of the movie "Vincent Cocquyt". He was responsible to rig the stunts of the flipping cage cars and people gettting dragged into the hole and all other stunts where people or gear were flying and falling.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristyLak

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg