Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, NFAA
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe, UAE, California
So I shot a bushbuck that had an abscess at the request of my outfitter who wanted him put down. The bushbuck wandered to about three feet in front of my GoPro session and proceeded to try and drink water for almost 20 minutes, as I had 18 minutes I cut from the video so it wouldn't be so crazy boring. Unfortunately, my arrow deflected off some branches and hit a bit high but he went about 20 yards and was dead inside a minute.

I suspect my videos will be better from future safaris but we all have to start somewhere.

Thanks for sharing! Always feels good to take part in conservation and take an animal out who might suffer a slow and agonizing death. Congrats

Good job sir! The GoPro is a lot of fun to work with!

Where was the GoPro mounted!?

Thanks for sharing. Sitting a blind can be boring, but when the animals come in and they don't know you're there for me makes the wait worth while.

You had most of a Spiral slam all in range at the same time.

Thanks for sharing your blind time with us.

I was waiting for the croc to burst through the green pond scum :)

Very entertaining though. Thanks!

I had two GoPros - one was a Hero4 Black sitting right where the blind opening was but unfortunately the video is upside down and I need to fix that before I can upload it. The second, which is this camera angle, was a Hero Session and it was attached to a bush on the right side of the waterhole.

I didn't even think of the spiral slam being mostly in range, but this is the same place I shot both my bushbucks and where I shot my kudu and my eland. My nyala was shot elsewhere though. I uploaded a video of the Blue Wildebeest after I got this one up. I will look at making a few more videos but I cannot upload them from my work - the pipes are too small. I have a nice shot of my zebra from an elevated blind where it looks like half a zoo comes by and it is about 15 minutes or so. I will try and get that one done too.

I just looked it up and it turns out that a copper level spiral-horned antelopes of Africa slam only needs 3 for a bow, so there was an entire slam in range. I got the bronze level slam on my first trip!

Last edited:
How many animals do you see ? :D

Animals.jpg

My vision isn't so great but I see 8 here.

Screen Shot 2016-09-16 at 3.01.33 PM.png
I see 16 here though...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Nyala looked like a good one! Do you like the no cam?

I do like the no cam, but I wished I had 70lb limbs. Although I was able to down the animals with 60lbs, I would have liked better penetration on the wildebeest and eland. I actually bought a used no cam with 70lb limbs and am going to swap the limbs so I can keep my warranty valid and just resell the no cam I bought with the 60lb limbs. It came in today so I can swap them tomorrow and hopefully sell it soon.

There were some good nyala there and I got a nice one with 26" horns but don't have a video of it.

Cool video. Definitely no shortage of animals at that watering hole!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross