First animal taken with my .375 H&H

Broadside shots and neck shots are the only way to really pull that one off.

Loaning my 375 to a friend for his Moose hunt next week. Somehow he feels more confident than carrying the 270 in thick brush.
I took my B.C moose years ago with my 270 shooting 150 grain nosler. Dropped him in his tracks, well he rolled down hill I should say.

Congratulations I would shot that one in a second I don't eat bone. But in Pa it has to have 3 points at least 1" long if you are over 16 years old.
I was thinking of reduced loads but one of my favorite spots can give me a range of over 400 yards I won't shoot that far but 250-300 would be considered.
Bear season opens this Saturday and I can't wait. Hope to have pics to share.
Like I said congratulations and like you I like to find the bullets even at the range.
Shawn

Congrats! I dropped the bear in my avatar with a .375 H&H loaded 300 grain SP, Reloder 17 at 2550fps. Complete pass through although I found a tiny bit of copper in the wound.. The .375 really is the Do-All cartridge!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross