First African Safari

You will remember this safari for the rest of your life! I went on my first in 2016. I have now been to Africa x 2, New Zealand, Canada x 2, Costa Rica, and going back to Zim in May. Now that I have been, there will never be another 1st! Before you get back, you will be planning your 2nd. A dear friend of mine will be going with me in May for his first trip, it is almost as fun to accompany him on his first as it is to do my own. After you go, it will be your turn to spread the wealth of our passion. Enjoy the preparation, ask questions if you need to, can’t wait to see your pics and report!

Congratulations on your first safari. Nothing like a first. Now the preparation begins which will only build the anticipation.
If you have any questions, you are in the right place. As you already know, this site has a lot of experienced people more,than willing to answer your questions.

East Cape is way cool hunting area! If you can swing a day at Addo Elephant Park I would highly recommend it. Easy last day trip very close to Port Elizabeth. Lots of close encounters with elephants for sure! Big Cape kudu their also. World class park.

Matt,

Jacques @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS has been in Zimbabwe and I think now in Mozambique, so I don't think he has seen this thread. That said, thanks very much for your interests in JKO.
Phil, you are a class act sir. Jacques is very lucky to have someone of your caliber representing them.

All the best,

Phil, you are a class act sir. Jacques is very lucky to have someone of your caliber representing them.

All the best,

Thanks for the compliment Marius, much appreciated. As anyone else would, I hate to lose potential business. But what drove me into the business was coming real close to after having made it all the way to RSA and then nearly coming home without hunting due to a shoddy outfitter. In the end it worked out fine thanks to a good outfitter.

So as much as I don't like losing Matt's business, I would hate it much more if he had chosen one of those questionable outfitters. That's a situation that is no good for any RSA outfitter. I'm sure you'd agree.

But in this case I know he didn't. You've been around and your reputation is solid, so I know he will be in good hands. Best wishes for a great 2021 season and lets put 2020 in the rear view mirror.

Congratulation on pulling the trigger and good luck with the trigger pulling while here in South Africa.
It is a beautiful country and I am sure you will have a fun adventure with KMG Safaris.
I hope we get to hear all about your hunt.

Congratulations MBrod, have you got your DG rifle yet? The buildup to a safari is great fun, getting in clothing, etc. Enjoy it all.
@Kevin Peacocke
The build up to the hunt is great BUT the last week before departure seems to take a month for that week to end. Dididnt believe it was actually happening until we were met by our PH and saw our first animals in Namibia. Then it finally hit me that it was actually happening.
Bob

Matt,
I forgot to mention that I have used African Wildlife Artistry in Somerset East for dip and pack as well as a baboon half mount. I used them for three safaris in 2013, 16&17 when I had them hold 2016 Safari trophies and shipped together with my 2017 Safari trophies. Saved me some shipping money all different Safari outfitters in those years. I will be using them this September when I return to East Cape.Caroline and Rudy are owners. Check out their website if interested. PM me if you need any info on East Cape been hunting around there quite a bit. Love it!

Well I finally booked my first African Safari. Me and my Father will be hunting with KMG Safaris, May of 2022 on a 7 Day Hunt. We were thinking either Plains game with KMG or Dangerous with JKO Safaris. And I just wanted to give a shout out to Jacques Spamer of JKO Safaris, He is a super professional and friendly guy who I'm hoping to be able to hunt with in the next few years, I would definitely recommend him. And I would also like to mention Marius Goosen of KMG Safaris. He is also such a great guy, answered all of my questions, Definitely message him if your interested in a hunt. And thank you all who are apart of this website, I have found so much useful information. Because of it I am now going to be able to fulfill a dream of mine since I was a kid. Thanks for helping me feel apart of the community. And by June of 2022 be expecting a hunting report.
Thanks,
Matt
Well you have booked a great adventure sir. Now the anticipation will begin to build. Enjoy!

Oh are you in for an excellent time! Enjoy the planning as well as the adventure! I’m certain it won’t be your last trip to Africa! It gets in your blood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross