First African Safari

MBrod

Reaction score
Well I finally booked my first African Safari. Me and my Father will be hunting with KMG Safaris, May of 2022 on a 7 Day Hunt. We were thinking either Plains game with KMG or Dangerous with JKO Safaris. And I just wanted to give a shout out to Jacques Spamer of JKO Safaris, He is a super professional and friendly guy who I'm hoping to be able to hunt with in the next few years, I would definitely recommend him. And I would also like to mention Marius Goosen of KMG Safaris. He is also such a great guy, answered all of my questions, Definitely message him if your interested in a hunt. And thank you all who are apart of this website, I have found so much useful information. Because of it I am now going to be able to fulfill a dream of mine since I was a kid. Thanks for helping me feel apart of the community. And by June of 2022 be expecting a hunting report.
Thanks,
Matt

Congrats on booking your "first" safari. Will be watching for the report and pictures. Now the planning can start.

Fun to have something to look forward to. If you have questions or want to talk about your trip, pm me or stop by the house sometime:A Thumbs Up:

Congratulations on booking your hunt.
It will be here sooner than you think.

Congrats @MBrod ! I too am looking forward to my first hunting safari in Africa, in June if all goes well!
Don't forget to post some pictures and write a hunting report when you get back!

Cheers,

V.

Congrats on the booking!

Is it KMG or JKO for your first safari? I am confused because you said you booked it but then said you were deciding between two outfitters.
Use TWG.travel for you plane tickets and travel insurance. Check out my posts YouTube channel for safari planning and prepping advice.
Have fun!
Philip

a-thumbs-up.gif
Congrats and good hunting. Africa is a magical land.

Well I finally booked my first African Safari. Me and my Father will be hunting with KMG Safaris, May of 2022 on a 7 Day Hunt. We were thinking either Plains game with KMG or Dangerous with JKO Safaris. And I just wanted to give a shout out to Jacques Spamer of JKO Safaris, He is a super professional and friendly guy who I'm hoping to be able to hunt with in the next few years, I would definitely recommend him. And I would also like to mention Marius Goosen of KMG Safaris. He is also such a great guy, answered all of my questions, Definitely message him if your interested in a hunt. And thank you all who are apart of this website, I have found so much useful information. Because of it I am now going to be able to fulfill a dream of mine since I was a kid. Thanks for helping me feel apart of the community. And by June of 2022 be expecting a hunting report.
Thanks,
Matt

Matt,

Jacques @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS has been in Zimbabwe and I think now in Mozambique, so I don't think he has seen this thread. That said, thanks very much for your interests in JKO.

Is it KMG or JKO for your first safari? I am confused because you said you booked it but then said you were deciding between two outfitters.
Use TWG.travel for you plane tickets and travel insurance. Check out my posts YouTube channel for safari planning and prepping advice.
Have fun!
Philip
So I am booked with KMG. But I wanted to shoutout JKO as well for his help.

I'm excited for you!!! I haven't had the pleasure of meeting Marius, but I've read some of his posts and stories. I've heard nothing but good things about him and about @KMG Hunting Safaris
I've looked online and the place looks AMAZING!!
I'm so sure you are going to have an unbelievable time! I think you've made an awesome choice! Your first safari is something you'll never forget, so chosing the right outfit is important. Like @uplander01 said, it will change your life.
It was kind of you to give a shout-out to JKO even though it wasn't them you ultimately decided to go with. The likelihood that this will be your one and only safari is very unlikely! You, like most of us, will probably be bit by the bug and dream of returning often. Maybe you'll keep them in mind for next time.
I'm looking forward to reading a report upon your return, and in the meantime I wish you well with all your planning and preparation. Feel free to reach out for help or guidance, as you'll find many knowledgeable members who are more than willing to help you.
It is so nice that you are able to do this with your father! You are so fortunate in that regard...even the thought of it warms my heart. Good luck and have fun making memories!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ZaneDenova

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg